Best liquid dyes

The evo colors from Candlewic are awesome. Bright, vibrant, zero smell, and very easy to completely mix in. I've used them in paraffin and natural waxes. They offer more color stability than other colorants too. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Karen Ov said:

Do you add dye before the fragrance, is there a certain temp to add in? 

Follow the manufacture's suggested temps and later after you have more experience with it then you may come up with a different temp you prefer.

As for when to add the color, that depends on what you are making. Generally it is recommended to add the color before the FO because some colors require a hotter temp in order to mix properly and then the FO requires a little bit lower temp. If the product I'm making is going to be all one color and one fragrance then I do color then FO. But, if I'm making a multi color candle or wax melt that uses only 1 FO then I will add the FO first do my first pour then add my color and do the next pour. 

You should also do a search on here for this topic because it has been discussed in other threads.

Edited by Laura C

On 3/27/2020 at 10:36 AM, Laura C said:

Follow the manufacture's suggested temps and later after you have more experience with it then you may come up with a different temp you prefer.

As for when to add the color, that depends on what you are making. Generally it is recommended to add the color before the FO because some colors require a hotter temp in order to mix properly and then the FO requires a little bit lower temp. If the product I'm making is going to be all one color and one fragrance then I do color then FO. But, if I'm making a multi color candle or wax melt that uses only 1 FO then I will add the FO first do my first pour then add my color and do the next pour. 

You should also do a search on here for this topic because it has been discussed in other threads.

Thanks..I just got some blue dye from flamming candle and i haven't used dye yet, so I'm going to try it out tomorrow ..  

On 3/29/2020 at 9:58 AM, Karen Ov said:

Hi...Do you clean your dye dropper with water when your done?  Does water stay inside like moisture?

There's really no need to clean the dropper each time you use it. You can get pipettes if you want a clean dropper each time. That's kind of a waste of colorant though.  I wouldn't chance using water to clean the droppers, some could get trapped and you wouldn't know it. 

14 hours ago, Jeana said:

There's really no need to clean the dropper each time you use it. You can get pipettes if you want a clean dropper each time. That's kind of a waste of colorant though.  I wouldn't chance using water to clean the droppers, some could get trapped and you wouldn't know it. 

Thank you..

• Like 1