Essential Oils

So I want to add new scents to my candle line.. and decided to get into using essential oils... I’ve been testing soy wax but definitely want to get into mixing it with coconut wax... has anyone mixed soy and coconut wax and if so how has it worked out for you? ( I ordered it anyways to test but just curious). Also does anyone know of a good website to get essential oils in 16oz bottles or larger..?

also, does anyone know a of a good formula to add essential oils? I understand that essential oils and fragrance are different in amount. But can not seem to see a formula instead of amount of drops.

14 hours ago, SWL said:

So I want to add new scents to my candle line.. and decided to get into using essential oils... I’ve been testing soy wax but definitely want to get into mixing it with coconut wax... has anyone mixed soy and coconut wax and if so how has it worked out for you? ( I ordered it anyways to test but just curious). Also does anyone know of a good website to get essential oils in 16oz bottles or larger..?

also, does anyone know a of a good formula to add essential oils? I understand that essential oils and fragrance are different in amount. But can not seem to see a formula instead of amount of drops.

Adding soy to coconut can be helpful to fix the shortcomings of each.  A lot depends n your particular waxes, right down to the lot numbers of each.

All retail waxes have different formulas for additives, etc., so there’s no blanket right answer for how much to add. If you have the resources, a good experiment is to create line blends to see how they work for you. A line blend is a set of tests that have different % such as one candle each of 90% coco with 10% soy (written as the percent of wax 1 followed by a colon and the percent of wax 2. 90:10), 80:20, 70:30, 60:40, 50:50, 40:60, 30:70, 20:80, 10:90. 

if adding other waxes or additives, it becomes a triaxial blend and much more involved. 

as for essential oils sources, give a read through the supplier lists by state to see if any appeal to you. Everyone has their own favored sources. The oils vary by season, location harvested, etc.