I made a testing template you can use

Hey guys,

I've been researching, pouring and testing candles like a crazy person in order to make my product the highest quality I can, but also make it as safe as possible (ain't nobody trying to get sued, amirite). In my research I've found plenty of resources, some more helpful than others, however I wasn't able to find a testing template that worked super great for me, so I made my own and wanted to share it in case anybody needs it/wants to use it.

If you have any suggestions of what I might have missed or what else I could add, let me know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SYvfDLarFZwzaGQM-j8D1U5IxCsnJUKU/view?usp=sharing

Edited by FlamingGlitter
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, FlamingGlitter said:

Hey guys,

I've been researching, pouring and testing candles like a crazy person in order to make my product the highest quality I can, but also make it as safe as possible (ain't nobody trying to get sued, amirite). In my research I've found plenty of resources, some more helpful than others, however I wasn't able to find a testing template that worked super great for me, so I made my own and wanted to share it in case anybody needs it/wants to use it.

If you have any suggestions of what I might have missed or what else I could add, let me know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SYvfDLarFZwzaGQM-j8D1U5IxCsnJUKU/view?usp=sharing

That is a great template. Is it possible to make this on 1 page instead of 2 halves?

17 minutes ago, CaptnKush said:

That is a great template. Is it possible to make this on 1 page instead of 2 halves?

It‘s actually 2 full A4 pages, I made it this way so it can be printed double sided. The second page is really just for continuing to document burn cycles (you can add the numbers of the burn cycle and/or just print the second page if you need even more burn cycles)

Hope that made sense 🙈

you can also just use the first page if you‘d like 

36 minutes ago, FlamingGlitter said:

It‘s actually 2 full A4 pages, I made it this way so it can be printed double sided. The second page is really just for continuing to document burn cycles (you can add the numbers of the burn cycle and/or just print the second page if you need even more burn cycles)

Hope that made sense 🙈

you can also just use the first page if you‘d like 

Ok Im stupid :D I got it figured out. I like this one better than the one I have been using. Thanks.

17 hours ago, FlamingGlitter said:

Hey guys,

Great job! The only thing I didn't see was room temperature. For the most part we wick for an average room temp, but if your room is  warmer, or colder it will effect your test results.

6 hours ago, Forrest said:

Great job! The only thing I didn't see was room temperature. For the most part we wick for an average room temp, but if your room is  warmer, or colder it will effect your test results.

Oh that‘s a good one! I might tweak it some more, thank you! 

6 hours ago, Peggy T said:

Wow this is great! One question: what is Rauchbildung?

Thanks

Oh no, I didn‘t notice I missed that. It means ‚smoking‘ basically, and ‚Brenndauer‘ is burn time. Must’ve overread when I translated it because I use mine in German. Damn it, I‘ll fix it, let me know if you need an update. Sorry 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, FlamingGlitter said:

Oh no, I didn‘t notice I missed that. It means ‚smoking‘ basically, and ‚Brenndauer‘ is burn time. Must’ve overread when I translated it because I use mine in German. Damn it, I‘ll fix it, let me know if you need an update. Sorry 

It's no biggie, I'll just write in the translations.

On 3/5/2020 at 7:59 AM, Forrest said:

Temperature and humidity. My new shop I've been in the past 2 years I've had to add a dehumidifier for the summer months. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

On 3/4/2020 at 8:13 PM, FlamingGlitter said:

Hey guys,

Hey Flaming Glitter - I'd love to view your testing template but link wouldnt work for me?