Mother4Jesus

Electric Warmer Alternatives?

Hello Everyone, I’m new to the board but not new to candle making/scenting, etc. 

I am trying to find a less messy alternative for electric wax warmers. I love my warmers but when you have little ones, they can knock them over, etc. 

Years ago Home Interiors (Another name now) had a scented gel for electric warmers. It was basically a thick lotion. It was great because the scent throw was great  and I didn’t have to worry about the kids knocking it over. Clean up was easier too. 

I am currently trying Smelly jelly but wanted to find something like a salt crystal or Epsom salt that I could scent and toss in my warmers. Any suggestions?? 

I like to use the scented laundry crystals , what can I use the mimic those?? 

Thank you for any help. 

Laura 

There are several threads (both older and more recent) about salt. I’m in the barn and can’t search right now.

Highlights: just take a tablespoon of just about any salt and add  a few drops. 

to make ahead, start with 1% Up to possibly 10% by weight and let it soak. start lower, you can always add more.

Put it in your melter Super easy.

51 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

There are several threads (both older and more recent) about salt. I’m in the barn and can’t search right now.

Highlights: just take a tablespoon of just about any salt and add  a few drops. 

to make ahead, start with 1% Up to possibly 10% by weight and let it soak. start lower, you can always add more.

Put it in your melter Super easy.

Thank you