Electric Warmer Alternatives?

Mother4Jesus

Hello Everyone, I’m new to the board but not new to candle making/scenting, etc. 

I am trying to find a less messy alternative for electric wax warmers. I love my warmers but when you have little ones, they can knock them over, etc. 

Years ago Home Interiors (Another name now) had a scented gel for electric warmers. It was basically a thick lotion. It was great because the scent throw was great  and I didn’t have to worry about the kids knocking it over. Clean up was easier too. 

I am currently trying Smelly jelly but wanted to find something like a salt crystal or Epsom salt that I could scent and toss in my warmers. Any suggestions?? 

I like to use the scented laundry crystals , what can I use the mimic those?? 

Thank you for any help. 

Laura 

• 11 months later...

The easiest thing I have found is simply adding fragrance to salt.  You can use any salt, but the solar salt sold in home improvement stores in the water softener salt aisle is prettiest. You can find brands with larger or smaller crystals.  

add fragrance, optional color and you’re done. 

they perform double duty too, can use the spent salt in your vacuum to scent the air as you clean. No waste. 

59 minutes ago, Mother4Jesus said:

I’d be interested in hearing what you think of them. I was actually thinking of trying those too. 

Anything porous  work.  Those beads are just unglazed ceramic clay. The color makes me believe either stoneware, or possibly porcelain.

As a Potter they seem awfully expensive for what they are, but if they work then AWESOME.

you don’t need anything super spendy. One craft show regular in my area colors and scents the big salt tablets for water softeners. She stores and displays in giant Rubbermaid tubs. Customers line up to fill a small, sandwich size plastic bag with whatever scent they want for $5 a pop. By my calculations that is rather profitable.

On 2/16/2021 at 8:49 AM, TallTayl said:

The easiest thing I have found is simply adding fragrance to salt.  You can use any salt, but the solar salt sold in home improvement stores in the water softener salt aisle is prettiest. You can find brands with larger or smaller crystals.  

add fragrance, optional color and you’re done. 

they perform double duty too, can use the spent salt in your vacuum to scent the air as you clean. No waste. 

That sounds like a great idea !! I'm definitely going to try that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 10:03 AM, Mother4Jesus said:

I’d be interested in hearing what you think of them. I was actually thinking of trying those too. 

I’ve used this for my own personal use at home and it’s really wonderful. Keeps the scent throwing! https://www.walmart.com/ip/Elefante-Coarse-Sea-Salt-26-45-oz/49511202