Opinion on first burn.

Does this look like an acceptable amount of cling for a 1st 4 hour burn? I thought it was but someone on Facebook said it looked under wicked and made me second guess myself 🤦🏻‍♂️ Said I was relying on the warmth of the jar to melt the outer ring of wax instead of the flame/wick. I thought both of those things went hand in hand? Confused. Will post a pic of the hardened wax once it solidifies. This is also 6006 with a zinc 44-28-18, Caribbean teakwood fragrance 

15F161E2-F0DF-4957-B9F7-16886838436E.jpeg

2A408BBE-FF8A-4D3A-BE7F-56D4658D97BC.jpeg

3 hours ago, TallTayl said:

How does it smell?

zinc tend to mushroom. 

don’t listen to every expert on Facebook. They’re all experts. Just ask them. 

Smells pretty great! I Feel like I may get a slightly better throw with HTP’s, but I don’t like the soot, curling, large flames 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Forrest said:

My best guess would be that if you don't trim the wick you'll have a FMP before the end of your second burn. I

Just a guess, but if that is true perhaps a CD6 would work.

Yes I think if I left it Untrimmed it would get to a full melt pool within the next burn, when trimming, it takes a few more burns. I wish everyone just knew to trim and did it. Sigh...

9 hours ago, dustinryan2010 said:

Smells pretty great! I Feel like I may get a slightly better throw with HTP’s, but I don’t like the soot, curling, large flames 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

I just did a test with HTPs I had twisted and they did not curl nearly as much. I really like HTPs but the curling is a problem.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forrest said:

I just did a test with HTPs I had twisted and they did not curl nearly as much. I really like HTPs but the curling is a problem.

I just look for the upside down V on the side of the wick so I know that's the direction it's gonna curl, then just offset it slightly when I stick it to the container. I know people say 'why don't you use LX then blah blah it doesn't do that' but I don't think they're as good as HTP for the scents I use. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...