Very intriguing combination: mint + musk + patchouli

Darbla

These are notes in a very expensive perfume called Thundra Perfumum Roma.  I didn't think it sounded so hot at first but these are some of the comments I've seen in reviews about it: 

damp forest, soil, mushrooms, rotten wood, woods after rain, a cool root cellar, mint and musk add freshness, cold and wet, forest in Autumn, wet leaves, has lavender-like and pine-ish qualities.

We've discussed on here trying to nail down that petrichor type of scent, and while I'm sure the perfume house has much more than just mint, musk, and patchouli in it, I thought this might be interesting enough to some of you to do some q-tip experiments.  You could round it out with other notes if you thought it was lacking something after blending those 3.

On 2/22/2020 at 6:38 AM, Darbla said:

while I'm sure the perfume house has much more than just mint, musk, and patchouli in it, I thought this might be interesting enough to some of you to do some q-tip experiments.  You could round it out with other notes if you thought it was lacking something after blending those 3.

Cool, I love musk so I like the sound of those scents together; mint, musk and patchouli. I don't currently have all those scents on hand in order to experiment. I'll have to keep this in mind and follow this post to see what others say.

Per this site https://www.luckyscent.com/product/33901/thundra-by-profumum it says leaves, mint, patchouli, white musk

And a review said, "You might recognize the smell as being more or less the fragrance of a bar of Irish Springs soap with just a little musk tossed in the background. "

Edited by Laura C

On 2/29/2020 at 8:52 PM, Barbara AL said:

Sapmoss has all the musty smells Darbla is looking for so adding Musk, Mint and lavender sounds good!

I wonder if Oakmoss would be a good blender ?
One of my candle maker friends gave me a full pound from TFC and I haven't done a thing with it yet.

I wasn't sure how it would sell on it's own, but I'd be down for mixing it with something to make it faboulous !