Palm wax candles popularity

Palm, soy, coconut, apricot,  beeswax, paraffin?  It should not matter at all.  No matter what type of wax you choose, it is your job to make customers love whatever you make.  

In order to create a great candle, you will need to create a candle that has great presentation & performance.  It does not mean anyone can succeed in candle business by just creating a great candle.  In order to succeed in candle business, you also need to have a great marketing plan,  create a distribution network and able to execute.  If you can come up with a business plan based on marketing research & analysis, then you should be able to come up with your own answer to your question on which wax to use.

If you are just looking for most popular best selling wax, then paraffin is outright best seller of all.  All other waxes are not even close in sales volume and cannot be compared.

• Like 4

People who don't know my candles always ask if they are soy. This tells me soy is still the most popular and readily available candle in my area. I don't mind, I look at it as an opportunity to sell my palm candles to them.

As mentioned by Busybee the important thing is to make the candles you want to make. Nothing sells a candle better than someone who is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the candles they make. The plus side is working with a wax you love to use and learning all about it. That will be your ticket to success. I know this through my own experience and it shows when I am talking to my customers. They can see and feel my excitement and knowledge of my candles and that is what sells them for me.

• Like 5

On 2/16/2020 at 9:40 AM, Candybee said:

People who don't know my candles always ask if they are soy. This tells me soy is still the most popular and readily available candle in my area. I don't mind, I look at it as an opportunity to sell my palm candles to them.

As mentioned by Busybee the important thing is to make the candles you want to make. Nothing sells a candle better than someone who is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the candles they make. The plus side is working with a wax you love to use and learning all about it. That will be your ticket to success. I know this through my own experience and it shows when I am talking to my customers. They can see and feel my excitement and knowledge of my candles and that is what sells them for me.

My experience is exactly the same as Candybee's. I sell both parrafin and palm, and both sell equally well.

• Like 2