IGI 6098 Victory Blend

I am thinking about changing wax for my container. I have read some good reviews about this wax but it seems as most people will blend this with another wax. I would like to know if anyone had great results using the 6098 alone? Here another question that may sound crazy but has anyone blended two para/soy or para/veg waxes? I've been using joy wax but it doesn't seems the same. I am not getting the hot throw or with some scent a weak cold throw. I do understand that the fragrance oil will play a part in this too.

I have debated on testing this also.  It has some good reviews on here but that was many years ago.  Maybe the soy in it was affected when the soy industry changed and makes it less of a performer now?  Or maybe because it is carried by less suppliers and/or more expensive?  Just some guesses.

You pretty much can blend any wax together but I have heard that can sometimes affect results due to additives overload.  I've known alot of chandlers who if they blend, like to use a preblended wax and a straight wax (that has no additives) for ideal conditions.

• 1 year later...

I recently discovered this wax and love it!!  I use 8% and zinc wicks and the hot throw is OUTSTANDING!  It is very similar to coconut waxes in the way it performs and the heating/pouring directions. This wax is FAR SUPERIOR than the AWFUL 6006

7 hours ago, PINKT said:

I recently discovered this wax and love it!!  I use 8% and zinc wicks and the hot throw is OUTSTANDING!  It is very similar to coconut waxes in the way it performs and the heating/pouring directions. This wax is FAR SUPERIOR than the AWFUL 6006

I can't even use 6006 anymore, I just went through a ton of cases and it was fine as usual, but this last lot was so bad that no self-trimming wicks would work at all and the hot throw was just okay. 

I've never tried the victory blend before, might have to give it a shot in the near future.