Help With Hot Throw GB 444

ShannonaBetty

Hello All! 

I have been lurking and reading posts for over a year but this is my first time posting.

I have been making clamshells with GB 444 with a FL of 10-11% consistently. I am melting wax to 185 and maintaining heat between 183-185 while adding coloring and stir until thoroughly mixed (about 2-3 minutes). I then remove from heat and add FO at 180, followed by 2-3 minutes of continuous stirring. I pour at 110-113, stirring briefly before pouring.

I have excellent CT but HT is not much to brag about amongst most of the FOs.

I am having this problem amongst several FO brands including LSCS, TFC, and GloryBee. 

I had the same issue with ProBlend 650 (poured at higher temps obviously and omitted coloring).

What am I doing wrong? Or what suggested changes can I make to increase HT??

(multiple warmers used in multiple environments)

I appreciate any feedback or suggestions!

444 has a ton of additives to help it perform to customer expectations in containers. Alone, it might not be getting to the right temp range to throw in a wax melter. 

You could try blending it with another wax to dilute the additives. 415, for instance has none of the additives in 444. 

5 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

444 has a ton of additives to help it perform to customer expectations in containers. Alone, it might not be getting to the right temp range to throw in a wax melter. 

You could try blending it with another wax to dilute the additives. 415, for instance has none of the additives in 444. 

Thank you! Do you think I’d need to adjust the FL at all if I mix 415 with the 444?

44 minutes ago, ShannonaBetty said:

Thank you! Do you think I’d need to adjust the FL at all if I mix 415 with the 444?

Maybe. Test it well and see...   Addition of 415 might not help, just throwing it out there that 444 might need a lot of help for melts as it is designed for containers.