Is anyone using Lebermuth FOs from The Chemistry Store?

Forrest

I used some back when I was blaming my FO for my lack of HT. As I recall I really liked some of them. They only carry 108, and their primary focus is soap making. They are the only place I have found where I can get Lebermuth FOs without a high minimum purchase. Any recommendations would be welcome.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

I've used many Lebermuth fo's, they are qualtiy.  I can't say I was disappointed in any as far as performance.   I probably would say Bay Rum is my favorite. I think you can also get them at Bulk Apothecary and not have minimums.

As best I can tell Bulk makes some FOs themselves and has others from Lebermuth, but they don't say which ones.

I've been buying The Chemistry Store's Lebermuth FOs for a number of years. Candlemakers have been using Lebermuth FOs to make candles for as long as they have been selling oils so I would not hesitate to try them for candlmaking.

I primarily use them in my soap making. Here are the ones I have tried and love so far: 

Chamomile - spot on chamomile flower scent, I use it to blend with lavender for my chamomile lavender castile.

Eucalyptus & Sea Salt - I am in love with this scent, I smell the ozone and salt. The eucalyptus it there but very tame. I plan to make salt bars and lotions with this scent but will probably add a bit more eucalyptus EO to it to make the camphor pop a bit more.

Sandalwood Rose - love this scent! soft sandalwood with just enough of a rose floral note to make a perfect match. I love the scent in soap unfortunately it fades after a few months. This should not be a problem at all in candles thou. Don't overlook this one, customers love, love, love it and my soap always sold out. I even had a B&B that used to buy this scent in guest soaps from me exclusively to make it their signature scent.

Vanilla Butter - OMG! You want to drink this stuff!!! If you are looking for a better vanilla that's not boring like all the rest you gotta try this one. So yummy its addictive. I keep smelling the bottle I can't get enough. I plan to use this one in my candles next fall so testing it now and so far am in love.

The used to carry the best pear FO. It was fall pear scent and I was so bummed they stopped carrying it. I have been searching for its replacement for years and have never been able to duplicate it. Sigh.

I have used other FOs from them over the years that are gone now. One I wish they would carry is Lebermuth's Patchouli. It is hands down the best patch out their. Moonworks carried it years ago then the price went up. When the price comes down again am hoping The Chemistry Store will carry it. One can always hope.

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Forrest said:

As best I can tell Bulk makes some FOs themselves and has others from Lebermuth, but they don't say which ones.

It used to be stated back when I was buying from BA.  If you can get what you want to try from Chemistry Store great, otherwise I'd give BA a call.  I only bought from them when I needed a couple otherwise I did Lebermuth directly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hate to say tis, but Lebermuth is just a fragrance lab/compounder.  Having Lebermuth on the label does not guarantee anything about what is in that bottle.  Think of them like Agilex. They have hundreds of recipes for each fragrance.  None are the exact same. 

example, I was in a co-op about a decade ago and discovered some powerhouse fragrances that worked exceptionally well for me. One was egyptian dragon.  Could not get enough of it.  Bought the “lebermuth” egyptian dragon from bulk apothecary and it was nothing like the original.  Went direct to Lebermuth figuring that was the problem. Nope. Absolutely nothing, nothing like the original I bought. Neither worked in my soap or candles, the one direct from BA turned my soap butterscotch colored and faded. The ED in my co-op was a custom code.

thankfully I had saved an ounce of the one I loved and sent it out for duping and will hang onto that forever and ever. 

I watched their catalog for about a year, and saw some things rotate in and out.  Bought sample sets and was disappointed in all of them in wax.  If you want the “great” stuff, you need to work with their perfumers and order it in specific to your needs. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I hate to say tis, but Lebermuth is just a fragrance lab/compounder.  Having Lebermuth on the label does not guarantee anything about what is in that bottle.  Think of them like Agilex. They have hundreds of recipes for each fragrance.  None are the exact same. 

example, I was in a co-op about a decade ago and discovered some powerhouse fragrances that worked exceptionally well for me. One was egyptian dragon.  Could not get enough of it.  Bought the “lebermuth” egyptian dragon from bulk apothecary and it was nothing like the original.  Went direct to Lebermuth figuring that was the problem. Nope. Absolutely nothing, nothing like the original I bought. Neither worked in my soap or candles, the one direct from BA turned my soap butterscotch colored and faded. The ED in my co-op was a custom code.

thankfully I had saved an ounce of the one I loved and sent it out for duping and will hang onto that forever and ever. 

I watched their catalog for about a year, and saw some things rotate in and out.  Bought sample sets and was disappointed in all of them in wax.  If you want the “great” stuff, you need to work with their perfumers and order it in specific to your needs. 

I’ve stopped using dupes altogether, which really narrows down what Bulk offers, but they do have the Lebermuth patchouli that I’ve wanted to try. I see what you are saying because the Chemistry Store has the exact same FOs they did two years ago, and Lebermuth doesn’t seem to carry some of them. I’ll probably just take out a second mortgage on my house and buy a pound of patchouli.

3 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Thats super disappointing, I had no idea. When you say 'work with their perfumers' do you mean their in-house perfumers?  Would the minimum be 25lbs on that?

4 hours ago, sarahmarah said:

Thats super disappointing, I had no idea. When you say 'work with their perfumers' do you mean their in-house perfumers?  Would the minimum be 25lbs on that?

Yes and usually yes. Though I heard lebermuth increased mins to 50 lbs. could have been a bad rumor. 

On 2/5/2020 at 11:08 AM, Candybee said:

Vanilla Butter - OMG! You want to drink this stuff!!! If you are looking for a better vanilla that's not boring like all the rest you gotta try this one. So yummy its addictive. I keep smelling the bottle I can't get enough. I plan to use this one in my candles next fall so testing it now and so far am in love.

This isn't like vanilla voodoo is it?  I may be the only one but I'm passing on VV, not a fan surprisingly and I'm a bakery obsessed gal.