Jump to content

Good bakery scent that is non yellowing in soy?


Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone!

 

I am looking for a year round bakery scent for my soy candles that is non-yellowing.  Am I asking for something that doesn't exist? 🤔  I don't color my candles.

 

So far, I've tried Tea and Cakes, and it's wonderful, but yellows.  I have FC Sugar Cookie Royale but I hear that one yellows too.  I know it's the vanillin, but I'm hoping there is something out there that doesn't yellow!  I don't currently have any foodie/bakery scents in my candle line.

 

Thanks so much! :)

 

Edited by ComfortandJoy
Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly do not think you will find one. With most bakery candles there is a high vanilla content and that is what yellows with time. To avoid this I sometimes use an ivory color when pouring them. 

 

Karen in MA

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually only Vanilla candles turn yellow for me.  And for some reason, Spiced Apples & Peaches.  I use UV Inhibitor with any FO's with a high vanilla content.

 

I can think of lots that I didn't color that didn't turn yellow and didn't add UV inhibitor: Carrot Cake, Cinnamon Bun, Banana Nut Bread, Apple Cider Donut to name a few.  Maybe when it's a spicy bakery scent, they don't turn yellow. (except spiced apples & peaches from FB)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, GailC said:

Usually only Vanilla candles turn yellow for me.  And for some reason, Spiced Apples & Peaches.  I use UV Inhibitor with any FO's with a high vanilla content.

 

I can think of lots that I didn't color that didn't turn yellow and didn't add UV inhibitor: Carrot Cake, Cinnamon Bun, Banana Nut Bread, Apple Cider Donut to name a few.  Maybe when it's a spicy bakery scent, they don't turn yellow. (except spiced apples & peaches from FB)

Do you use the uv inhibitor in soy?..I try avoiding fo's with high vanilla.but some sound so good..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 10:03 AM, Candybee said:

Are you using UV Inhibitor in your wax? This should help with discoloration. I get mine from CS.


In your experience does it significantly impact wicking? I’m curious to try it in my soy because I’m striving for a more uniform white. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sarahmarah said:


In your experience does it significantly impact wicking? I’m curious to try it in my soy because I’m striving for a more uniform white. 

 

No it does not effect your wicking. It will help keep your wax from changing color from various FOs and improve the uniformity. Especially from exposure to harsh lighting and indirect sunlight. (Always keep your candles out of direct sunlight if you do outdoor venues.) That's why candlemakers who color and those who prefer not to color both can benefit from using UV Inhibitor. Just make sure you follow directions when using for best results.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Candybee said:

 

No it does not effect your wicking. It will help keep your wax from changing color from various FOs and improve the uniformity. Especially from exposure to harsh lighting and indirect sunlight. (Always keep your candles out of direct sunlight if you do outdoor venues.) That's why candlemakers who color and those who prefer not to color both can benefit from using UV Inhibitor. Just make sure you follow directions when using for best results.

 

Thank you thats such a relief to know

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...