Making a similar candle

I love Yankee Candles, and am curious if anyone has developed a similar way to make a product like theirs?  I am not sure if there is a tutorial out there, but it would be awesome if it had everything from the wick, to the scent, to the wax used.  

If you really like Yankee Candle and want to learn about their candle, then you should go to their factory tour or better yet work there for while.  That way, you would be able to make original instead of similar copy cats.

• Thanks 1

I guess what I am getting at is a decent recipe (right wick size, which specific wax to use, which specific company fragrance, etc.) not to copy-cat Yankee Candles (that would be nice to match some of their scents), but to make what I thought was a decent candle like theirs.  For example, I've noticed they always burn all of the way around, and that the scent puts off very well. 

If anyone has any specific tutorials that could help me out in this realm, that would be helpful.  

On 1/28/2020 at 3:36 PM, droidus said:

I guess what I am getting at is a decent recipe (right wick size, which specific wax to use, which specific company fragrance, etc.) not to copy-cat Yankee Candles (that would be nice to match some of their scents), but to make what I thought was a decent candle like theirs.  For example, I've noticed they always burn all of the way around, and that the scent puts off very well. 

If anyone has any specific tutorials that could help me out in this realm, that would be helpful.  

Yes!  You are right about Yankee candle's full melt pool and its ability to throw strong HT.  Even though I consider their HT to be too pungent, I have to admit that it is well performing candle that gets sold by 100's of million candles per year.  However, it produces too much excessive soot and container gets too hot, which is definitely no no for many of us.  This is the reason why I would never consider making anything similar to Yankee Candle. 

Which one of Yankee Candle is your favorite?  Yankee paraffin candle or parasoy candle?

What is your reason for interest in making candle?  Is it just for hobby or are you trying to get into candle business?  Your learning steps should be different for each case, but either way it's going to need your time and effort.

If you don't want to go thru hard learning process of candle making, then you really have to consider going to their factory tour.  You get to make Yankee Candle during its tour.

Thanks for the response!

Is that soot bad to breathe in then?

I really like the "A clam & relaxing place".  

It is just for hobby.  But I thought about selling them (I doubt I could live off of that alone though).  

I will have to look into this candle tour, thanks! 

16 hours ago, droidus said:

Thanks for the response!

Is that soot bad to breathe in then?

I really like the "A clam & relaxing place".  

It is just for hobby.  But I thought about selling them (I doubt I could live off of that alone though).  

I will have to look into this candle tour, thanks! 

I have noticed that you have been to this forum a lot longer than I have.  By the way, your first made candle looks a lot better than what any other person could have done including myself.  Let's try to make this hobby work for you.

• Like 1