Floral

Karen Ov

How do you pick floral fo's for spring and summer if your not into them to much ? Eventually I would like to sell candles, so its hard for me to pick some out, like is jasmine better than lilac? Sometimes I think that some of the fo's i have ordered would smell better in soap than a candle. When i read descriptions of floral they sound like they would smell good but not sure what those types of flowers smell like. Thanks 💐

2 hours ago, Belinda said:

I'm not much into them either but lavender is very popular. I also like chocolate orchid from Nature's Gardens. There are a couple more that I like but I can't think of them right off the top of my head.

Thanks..maybe I will start with a lemon or vanilla lavendar ..I had this lavendar pillow mist, smelled so good but then I smelled this other lavendar spray and it wasn't so good lol..so maybe I would like a mix better..

• Like 1

I don't make candles but I dislike almost all florals.  However, I found a Lavender Mashmallow that I really like.  Make it in soap and scrubs and was a hit with my customers as well.   I got it from Just Scents but have seen it elsewhere recently (can't remember).  Cantaloupe Lily is nice as well.  I do make and sell straight up Lavender and Lilac. (curse them while making).   That's about the extent of my florals in my line.

I don't care for floral scents, but some of my customers do.  One only buys Lily of the Valley candles and melts. I get mine from Nature's Garden. That scent also sold fairly well in the store where I have a wholesale account.

A couple of others that sell sometimes are Honeysuckle and Lilac.  

I much prefer the  floral blends. One of my favorites is Cantaloupe & Lily from Aztec.  I also like Aloe & White Lilac and Water Lily & Jasmine, both from Nature's Garden.

• 2 weeks later...

I am floral scent lover, and it looks like I am the only floral scent lover in this post. 😊

If I am correct, I believe best sellers of floral scents in candle industry are Lily of the Valley & ylang ylang.  Maybe it's the name that makes them popular because I don't find them impressive as floral person.  

My favorite floral scents are Fresh Cut Roses & Jasmine manufactured by Atlantis Aromatics in New Jersey, and I get them from their supplier "California Candle Supply".  I use 464 also, so it should work well for you.  I get a lot of request for Lavender, but I haven't found one that I like yet.

8 hours ago, BusyBee said:

I am floral scent lover, and it looks like I am the only floral scent lover in this post. 😊

If I am correct, I believe best sellers of floral scents in candle industry are Lily of the Valley & ylang ylang.  Maybe it's the name that makes them popular because I don't find them impressive as floral person.  

My favorite floral scents are Fresh Cut Roses & Jasmine manufactured by Atlantis Aromatics in New Jersey, and I get them from their supplier "California Candle Supply".  I use 464 also, so it should work well for you.  I get a lot of request for Lavender, but I haven't found one that I like yet.

Thank You...I will give those a try .  I made candles with sunflower fo yesterday and its just so floral, kind of disappointing. So on with the testing lol... 

• 1 month later...