Tobacco scents

Barbara AL

On 1/19/2020 at 3:29 PM, glasllyn said:

I recommend all of these:

BB Tobacco & Bay Leaf, RE Green Tobacco, RE Cuban Tobacco, FC, Suede & Tabac, Candies & Supplies Tobacco Vanille or BA Tobacco Vanilla, WSP Tabac & Leather, FC Pipe Tobacco, WSP Tobacco Leaf & Amber

thanks! i don't see green tabac as RE

On 1/19/2020 at 12:01 PM, Barbara AL said:

Can you name some Tobacco scents you like and where they are from?

The only one I have is Tobacco Carmel from The Flaming Candle

Thanks

I have been looking at the tobacco caramel from fc ....have you tried it yet..do you like it?

2 hours ago, CandleRush said:

I have tobacco caramel from fc and it’s strong and good. To my nose heavy on the caramel and sweet. My customers love it but for me a bit to sweet.

Uhg  sometimes sweet is just to much.. maybe i will try to add a bit smokiness to it ..that is if i order it lol 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sarah S said:

RE's Cuban Tobacco is amazing!!!

It discolors in soap, but otherwise soaps well. Strong throw in parrafin and palm candles for me, but it needs a good cure, at least a couple weeks. Blends with other FOs like a dream.

I had trouble with wicking that one in wax. The  low usage rate in soap is a bummer.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I had trouble with wicking that one in wax. The  low usage rate in soap is a bummer.

Indeed, in parrafin it has an ugly burn even though the flame size and melt pool are just about perfect with an HTP. It mushrooms and soots too much for me to be comfortable selling or gifting it to others. I burn the heck out of it at my house though. 😁 It does much better in palm wax as far as its behavior, but it does need a longer cure.

I can't recall the usage rate off the top of my head - 3%? It is a fantastic mixer!

I know you're a DB fan, I mixed a little DB with a little Egyptian Musk and a little Cuban Tobacco in alcohol for a personal perfume.... ooooh baby!! So resinous and dark, I jut wanted to roll myself around in it!

• 2 years later...

i see a couple of blending ideas already mentioned above, so I'm going to piggyback here and ask for what other scents you all like to blend with tobacco FOs?  I have loved the few tobacco scents I've ever sniffed so I'm up for experimenting.  WSP's is on sale right now, I'm placing an order there for other FOs, so I want to get a small bottle of their tobacco.