Spring Bakery Scents

Grani L

Hello - I understand that floral and fruity scents are more for the spring time. But are there any Bakery Scents and Suppliers that anyone can recommend that does well during the spring?  Also I am looking for a really good Blueberry Muffin scent. I know Candles and Supplies had a really good one some years ago. I am not sure if they still carry that same one or not. But I would appreciate your recommendations. TIA!!

I love blueberry cobbler from LS and also the blueberry scents from ICS. Like Gail said, lemon pound cake is great. I use the one from Peak but get it at Keystone now. Aztec also has a good lemon cookie. ICS has Boo berry, Blueberry meringue torte and some fruity cereal scents that are great like fruit loops which also makes a good lemon cake scent. There are so many great fruity/bakery scents!  Banana nut bread is my favorite of any fruity bakery scent even though it has a little spice/bread scent to it. Banana cream pie from FB is good, so is blackberry jam butter cookies from ICS and FB and Daystar smells very yummy! Blueberry cheesecake from CS and strawberry shortcake from Keystone (Peaks) are great also. Coconut cream pie from FB is a good summer type bakery scent as well as Summer Scoop from Flaming. I also love orange chiffon cake from Fb or ICS.  Wildberry Mousse from ICS is a good one too.

I hope I haven't enabled you in ANY way! 😁

@Belinda, you mentioned Orange Chiffon Cake which made me remember I have that FO from Mill Creek that I haven't even used yet as well as Key Lime Pie from there.  Those would both be good springtime bakery scents.  I should make those this spring.

As soon as Christmas is over, I am ready to make some non-spicy candles.  So far I've made Love Spell, Lemon Verbena, and Seaside. Seaside made the house smell so nice yesterday.

I've not completely done with spice scents though; I made some Cinnamon Buns because customers still want the spicy ones now.

1 hour ago, GailC said:

@Belinda, you mentioned Orange Chiffon Cake which made me remember I have that FO from Mill Creek that I haven't even used yet as well as Key Lime Pie from there.  Those would both be good springtime bakery scents.  I should make those this spring.

As soon as Christmas is over, I am ready to make some non-spicy candles.  So far I've made Love Spell, Lemon Verbena, and Seaside. Seaside made the house smell so nice yesterday.

I've not completely done with spice scents though; I made some Cinnamon Buns because customers still want the spicy ones now.

Where do you get seaside? I'm sure I'll have some wanting ocean type scents soon. I love the spicy ones all year myself although I do enjoy a fruity smell in the spring and summer too. Orange chiffon cake is yummy!

12 hours ago, GailC said:

Key Lime Pie from Millcreek has been discontinued. I was heartbroken

On 1/20/2020 at 11:44 PM, Grani L said:

A quick question also. So with the Bakery Scents, do you find that 6% works with most or do you hang around  in the 8 -10% Range?

I personally like to use around 8% for my candles.

On 1/20/2020 at 10:20 PM, candlesncats said:

Key Lime Pie from Millcreek has been discontinued. I was heartbroken

I think I got mine when it was on clearance, ready to be discontinued.  It's very dark so I'm wondering if it will tint the wax.

On 1/20/2020 at 12:10 PM, Belinda said:

Where do you get seaside? I'm sure I'll have some wanting ocean type scents soon. I love the spicy ones all year myself although I do enjoy a fruity smell in the spring and summer too. Orange chiffon cake is yummy!

I made my Seaside from 3 different FO's because I was almost out of 2 of them. I used the last of my Sea Witch from FB , along with the last of Seaside from NG and a little Bayside Marina from Aztec. They combined nicely.  I like them all but my favorite is Sea Witch.  Except I don't like the name so I change it.

11 hours ago, GailC said:

I think I got mine when it was on clearance, ready to be discontinued.  It's very dark so I'm wondering if it will tint the wax.

Yes, it very much does. I don't use color so it really shows. It seems to have gotten worse about the time they discontinued it. But I just love the scent....

12 hours ago, candlesncats said:

Yes, it very much does. I don't use color so it really shows. It seems to have gotten worse about the time they discontinued it. But I just love the scent....

Thanks for letting me know.  I am doubting that green dye would work then.  Might come up with an ugly shade of green.  I have some amber jars, maybe I will use those.

11 hours ago, GailC said:

Thanks for letting me know.  I am doubting that green dye would work then.  Might come up with an ugly shade of green.  I have some amber jars, maybe I will use those.

No, green would not work at all..lol. Amber jars...brilliant idea. I never would have thought of that! The wax ends up a reddish color anyway.

• Like 1