Air freshener blanks

Karen Ov

I have used these....I used watercolor paints and it worked well.  I remember stamping them in the past...but the ink ran a bit after applying the fragrance oil. 

You may try stamping after adding the oil?  I recently ordered the football helmet blanks and painted them in team colors. Then I printed the team logo on a blank label, cut the shape of the logo and stuck it on the helmet blank.   It was pretty cool!  I did this for various teams for family members.

Edited by barbaranj

49 minutes ago, barbaranj said:

I have used these....I used watercolor paints and it worked well.  I remember stamping them in the past...but the ink ran a bit after applying the fragrance oil. 

You may try stamping after adding the oil?  I recently ordered the football helmet blanks and painted them in team colors. Then I printed the team logo on a blank label, cut the shape of the logo and stuck it on the helmet blank.   It was pretty cool!  I did this for various teams for family members.

Thank You....they seem so easy and inexpensive..I'm going to give them a try...  

1 hour ago, barbaranj said:

How do you get the oil to soak up? Is there a particular recipe that's used? I'm interested in learning how to make these since the beaded fresheners sell really well for me. Thank you!

Hi Belinda.   I just coat the blanks with oil...I use an artist type ( a good width) brush or foam brush.  I already have them strung, so I let them dry by hanging them up.   If not strung, I just lean them up on jar.  I usually give them a second coat of oil.   No recipe.   Just oil of your choice.  Too easy! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cp0421 said:

I used to use these from Bell.  I loved them but just didn't have the space for them to dry.  I dipped them in a dish with fragrance and dpg and hung them to dry.  They do not last as long as the aroma beads.

http://www.wicks-wax-scents.com/texas-boots-horses.html

Did the fo wrinkle the material of the air freshner 

2 hours ago, cp0421 said:

It will if you leave them in too long. Only dip them long enough to absorb the fragrance on the whole freshener and pull it out.  I had a few customers that I would resoak them for. 

Thanks..this is going to be a fun project 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...