Rose EO

Moonstar

I hope someone on here can help out or at clarify for me. All over Etsy etc I see people saying their bath bombs ( Wedding favor size) has Rose EO . 

Some even say it's organic Rose EO. How is this possible ? Ive seen 10% diluted on Eden Botanicals, but even thats pricy . Whats everyones thoughts 

on this ? 

We all know that it is not economically possible to use real Rose EO in bath bombs & others unless it is high end perfume.  But, we also know that a lot of people does not know the difference of EO & FO.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BusyBee said:

We all know that it is not economically possible to use real Rose EO in bath bombs & others unless it is high end perfume.  But, we also know that a lot of people does not know the difference of EO & FO.  

This is true. But it still baffles me .

It’s possible and I see this over and over with lots of beauty products. They combine fragrances with essential oils. They know products sell better with essential oils, the whole natural thing. Some companies are honest and mention the two blended but many just say essential oils. Marketing tool. And yes, Rose e.o. Is expensive. On Etsy people make all kinds of claims with their products. Most People wont know the differences. I see this with vanilla in all natural products. Vanilla is untouchable as well.

Speaking of rose, I’ve been using Rustic Essentuals Rose Geranium which is great! It smells more like rose e.o. Not Geranium. I’ve made wax melts and it smells Devine like Eden botanicals Rose e.o.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CandleRush said:

It’s possible and I see this over and over with lots of beauty products. They combine fragrances with essential oils. They know products sell better with essential oils, the whole natural thing. Some companies are honest and mention the two blended but many just say essential oils. Marketing tool. And yes, Rose e.o. Is expensive. On Etsy people make all kinds of claims with their products. Most People wont know the differences. I see this with vanilla in all natural products. Vanilla is untouchable as well.

Speaking of rose, I’ve been using Rustic Essentuals Rose Geranium which is great! It smells more like rose e.o. Not Geranium. I’ve made wax melts and it smells Devine like Eden botanicals Rose e.o.

Thank you for your input. Ive read this about RE's Rose Geranium before. I think I might give it a try. 

5 minutes ago, NightLight said:

They can say the bath bombs use rose eo, many fragrances are blends with eos and fragrance oils.

And yes, many shops on Etsy do not have clue between the difference of fragrance oils and essential oils.

Yeah, its crazy ! I actually ordered a few things from a shop that is very successful and was surprised when I received my order. The soap was clearly melt and pour and the 

scent was clearly WSP Rosemary fig and my body butter was very much a base, yet the ingredients stated were shea, CO etc. Thats a shame to me that some are dishonest

about this. I guess Im just naive. 

22 hours ago, NightLight said:

That does not sound dishonest, if the bases do contain those ingredients. It depends on the inci. If the inci is such it will tell you it’s melt and pour versus cold process. Many shops on Etsy use bases and just add fragrances.

It is dishonest when only ingredients listed on body butter are shea - coconut oil and a few other base oils. Same for the soap . I guess it doesn't matter not sure why I even mentioned it