Nurture Molds

sarahmarah

Hi—I’m new to the group and soap making. I’m waiting on a few books on CP  from Amazon so that I can read up when I’m not studying the archives here. I’m starting to shop for supplies and safety gear and getting pumped to learn. 😊

I was looking at the premium molds from Nurture and I love that they have covers and liners. What’s a good size to start with? 
I thought I’d like bigger than the 2.5 but I’m not sure how much is too much for a beginner. I just didn’t want to keep upgrading—I’d rather grow into something than quickly out of it. 
I’m not worried about making somewhat of an investment and not liking CP. I usually dive in to new things that interest me.

Any advice would be so appreciated! TIA

I have a dozen of the tall skinny molds that are several years old.  I pop 4 at a time in a large flat rate box and they fit perfectly so no need fo wood boxes. I use wood or cardboard dividers to keep sides true if not pouring all at once. 

• Thanks 2

I have 9 of their 7.5 lb molds and love them.  I also have 4 of the 4 inch molds.  I use the 4 inch for testing.  I also have a large slab mold from them.  I love all of her products.  They are well made and last a long time. 

I highly recommend making smaller batches as a beginner that way if something goes wrong you're not out a lot of supplies if it can't be fixed.  No more than 2 lbs at a time. 

Edited by Shari
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...