C3 Burn Qualities

You can add some Universal Soy Additive but I'm not sure what you mean by down then out?  First couple burns shouldn't hit the glass walls.  Or are you saying the flame goes out?  If you're candles are burning down the center through the whole candle, your wick is too small.

This is a wax I was wanting to try for quite a while ... finally got some and have been working with it over the last couple of months instead of the GW464 and/or 444 that I used previously.  I don't think anything needs to be added to it.  I found that in comparison to the other waxes I was using, that I definitely needed to go up a size or two on the wicks, depending on the container.

• Like 1

I have tried CD and Premier wicks. I just ordered some HTP wicks. I am testing 16 oz. Masons and also 12 oz. Status jars. I did a replacement of an eco wick in one mason jar blend on last night.  But the Straight soy, It has nothing to do with the melt pool actually. I do not like how when I first light the wick,  it burns down, and even though I trim the wick pretty short,  the wick is already long again, creating a flame size you may expect after burning 7 hours or so.  I do like the burn of a soy blend better, as the flame don't grow tall so fast and the pool spreads evenly across.   But I would rather - if possible - have an all soy candle with burn qualities of a parasoy blend using the smallest wick possible.  I have some USA and will try it. I am just hoping the flame still does not grow - even after trimming. 

C3 likes htp wicks. You can modify your C3. Cut it with another soy wax and see how you like the burn. Each wick series will burn in wax differently. Try htp wicks and see how you like, then if close adjust the wax. My experience C3 candles are tougher to burn in open jars that are three inches plus.

c3 also does well with cottonwood. 

I used CD and CSN when using C3 and was pleased. Cotton core do well too. HTP and CD are very close in how they burn.  

No need to trim so short at the start if any wick is sized well. If correctly wicked the flames won't grow out of control during a burn.

• Like 1