Sign in to follow this  
calan

How do you store your melts?

Assuming you don't package them immediately (which I assume a lot of you pros do :D )... what is the best way to store melts? I figured out very quickly that ziplock bags aren't the best.

Are there some inexpensive cello bags or something else that will not leach fragrance if I need to store them a while after pouring a bunch? 

16 minutes ago, barbaranj said:

You can also safely use any plastic container with the number 5 on the bottom. 

I can honestly say that in 40 years or so, I've never noticed a number on the bottom of my plastic containers.   :)

Care to expand on that? Are you talking about the typical semi-disposable Glad bowls and stuff at Walmart?

28 minutes ago, calan said:

I can honestly say that in 40 years or so, I've never noticed a number on the bottom of my plastic containers.   :)

Care to expand on that? Are you talking about the typical semi-disposable Glad bowls and stuff at Walmart?

Exactly!  Any container  that has a number five on the bottom is perfectly safe to use.   You probably have a bunch in your refrigerator or pantry right now!  It’s the ♻️ recycle code that sits in the little triangle. 

Edited by barbaranj
  • Like 1

Go figure!   Actually, many food item containers ( cottage cheese, spreadable butter, etc.) have the number 5 recycle code.  Just check. 
You can use any glass container too.  Just be sure it has a lid. 

Edited by barbaranj
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, barbaranj said:

You can use any glass container too.  Just be sure it has a lid. 

Ya. That would be my first choice, but I don't have any big jars to toss melts in while I work on packaging. And the candle jars cost enough on their own.  :)

I'mma gonna be looking for little numbers on the bottoms of the cheapo Glad plastic section at wally world the next time grocery shopping day rolls around.  :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barbaranj said:

Actually, many food item containers ( cottage cheese, spreadable butter, etc.) have the number 5 recycle code.  Just check. 

Cool! Just found an almost empty Country Crock butter bin in the frig that now has a new lease on life.  lol

• Like 1

I get poly pro bags from clear bags like Barbara. I get the ones that are 8 X 12 or something like that and when I make shapes and I'm not ready to package I store them in those. I also use them to soak my aroma beads in.

• Like 1

My melts are poured into the packaging they will be sold in, but if I pour a couple pounds of the same FO, then I store the cups in a .99 cent clear shoe box from Target.

pouring.jpg

shoebox.jpg

finished product.jpg