Citrusy, fresh rose? Or 2 separate ones to burn at the same time?

Darbla

Im going to do some experimenting (hopefully this weekend) too, but Is there a citrus rose FO already in existence?  Or separate rose and citrus FOs that would smell good if burning at the same time?  If not citrus, something that smells like a lovely morning that would work with rose?  I'm trying to cook something up for a friend for Valentine's Day, and I have in mind something that evokes early morning sunrise plus a beautiful rose.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 10:58 AM, kandlekrazy said:

Bergamot was my fav blend with Rose.  My rose was extremely strong so I ended up doing 50/50.

Almost forgot Satsuma worked well too.

I do a Bergamot Rose blend, too. Was a top seller this year. Checks all the boxes for me. 

Ultimately @Darbla you’ll want a citrus that can stand up to the Rose, which tends to be strong and heady. Something fresh and crisp. Pink grapefruit also comes to mind. 

• Like 1

I know they are on the higher price side but BB has a really nice modern citrus rose blend called Rose Quartz that I LOVE. It should be noted that it’s pretty heavy handed  on the citrus though....perhaps the reason I like this is that the Rose is not very detectable. 

I'm investigating all your ideas above, and in the meantime went spelunking into the depths of my current stash and found something:  I had samples of CS Golden Rose and Honeysuckle Jasmine.  I stuck a Q-tip in each, then wrapped them in a small square of wax paper, and have been walking around with that in my pocket and taking sniffs.  This smells GOOD; very springtime in the garden.  I think I'm really wanting to go stronger on the rose than 50/50 with this; maybe I need to do another rose Q-tip and stick it with the first two.  That would = 2 parts rose / 1 part honeysuckle jasmine.  I think the honeysuckle jasmine is giving it a real clean laundry / fabric softener vibe, and I want more of the rose side.  Thank you for the idea!

@sarahmarah  Bramble Berry was one of the first suppliers I bought from years ago, so I have a bit of a nostalgic spot for them.  They have some amazing sounding FOs now, so it's about time I revisited them.    https://www.brambleberry.com/shop-by-product/ingredients/fragrance-oils

Edited by Darbla
  • Like 1

Most Rose FOs already have some kind of citrus top notes in them.

Try to put together Rose candle & Jasmine candle side by side.  I liked it so much that I tried to make a candle by blending Rose & Jasmine FOs together, but combining two FOs didn't work out.

7 hours ago, BusyBee said:

Most Rose FOs already have some kind of citrus top notes in them.

Try to put together Rose candle & Jasmine candle side by side.  I liked it so much that I tried to make a candle by blending Rose & Jasmine FOs together, but combining two FOs didn't work out.

On that idea, there is a rose hips and jasmine at Bramble Berry that is beautiful.

I ended up deciding that CS Golden Rose was great on it's own for this, because like you said it had enough of a hint of citrus to it that it fits what I was going for.