FAVORITE FRAGRANCE OILS FROM AZTEC

Marleigha

Hello everyone!  I have been searching the forum trying to see what some of everyone’s favorites are from Aztec.... A lot of what I have found is older, so I figured I would start a new thread/post about it.

Perhaps your top 10-15 FO’s?  Looking forward to seeing everyone’s favs!  😇

You just missed their 10% off sale.  :)  I didn't get in on it because I'm trying to cut back. I used all my Christmas Splendor though; a really good Christmas scent.  As is Victorian Christmas and Mistletoe Kiss.

Others I like are:

Caramel Pecan Pie

Black Raspberry Vanilla

Brazilian Coffee & Pure Cane

Bayside Marina

Cantaloupe & Lily - Love!

Mulled Cider

Leaves - Love and customer favorite

Sweet Potato & Brown Sugar

Sells well:

Volcano

Love Spell

Monkey Farts

I have other good ones, but those are my favorites.

• Thanks 1

@Marleigha, I have a lot of FOs from them, and most are true to their description as well as strong.

Some favorites that I think you will like as well:

Ice Cream Palor, smells just like it says, this is my 16 yo's favorite.

Egyptian Musk, a fantastic blender and very nice on its own, not at all like a animal smell. 😂

Cozy Cabin, great for winter when you're tired of the Christmas scents.

Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar. Yep. Lol

Sandalwood (cost revised), surprisingly strong and close to the real thing.

Fresh Cut Christmas tree. Yep.

Christmas Cookies, similar to most sugar cookie scents, great throw.

Cinnamon Bun, this is a great cinn bun, fantastic throw and a nice dry cinnamon scent.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. I'll check my stash later to see if I missed any good ones. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Sarah S  I've bought 58 fragrance oils from Aztec through the years, plus lots of samples,  but not a one of those on your list except the Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar. Sometimes I wonder about asking others what fragrances they like from a supplier because we all have different tastes.  But I still ask.  :) 

• Haha 1

I buy my jars from Aztec and I do the 5 for 5 with every order, so I think I’ve tried nearly every scent they have.  There are some duds but some really good ones as well.

Off the top of my head, I use Tobacco, Apple Jack & Peel, Leaves, Coral Reef, Volcano, Almond (a good mixer), Cinnamon Sugar Donut, Pine Bough & Apple (great in room spray), Pure Paradise (sprays), Rosemary Mint, Marshmallow Fireside, Grandmas Kitchen, Grapefruit & Mangosteen, Cozy Cabin, Blueberry Pumpkin Patch, Moonlight Path, Alpine Frost, Cottage Breeze (great linen spray), Cranberry Citrus, Caribbean Breeze, Pink Sands, Pomegranate Mandarin. Most of these are used in soap and wax.  I love the new Crisp Air & Winterberry. It’s my current favorite scent.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2019 at 9:53 AM, GailC said:

You just missed their 10% off sale.  :)  I didn't get in on it because I'm trying to cut back. I used all my Christmas Splendor though; a really good Christmas scent.  As is Victorian Christmas and Mistletoe Kiss.

Others I like are:

Caramel Pecan Pie

Black Raspberry Vanilla

Brazilian Coffee & Pure Cane

Bayside Marina

Cantaloupe & Lily - Love!

Mulled Cider

Leaves - Love and customer favorite

Sells well:

Volcano

Love Spell

Monkey Farts

I have other good ones, but those are my favorites.

Hi Gail!  I hope you are doing well.  Thank you for your help with Aztec FO’s.  I know, I was a few minutes late on the sale so figured I would make a post about it first.  I always do a search but then I also like to re-ask Out of your list the ones I have are:

Caramel Pecan Pie

Cantaloupe & Lily

Leaves

Volcano
Monkey Farts

And I agree they are all fantastic!  With the Brazilian Coffee & Pure Cane how would you describe that coffee?  Plain, spicy, etc...  And the Bayside Marina.... That one sounds yummy and would like to try it out eventually.  Can you smell the grapefruit right away?  Thanks again Gail!  😇🎄💫

7 hours ago, Sarah S said:

@Marleigha, I have a lot of FOs from them, and most are true to their description as well as strong.

Some favorites that I think you will like as well:

Ice Cream Palor, smells just like it says, this is my 16 yo's favorite.

Egyptian Musk, a fantastic blender and very nice on its own, not at all like a animal smell. 😂

Cozy Cabin, great for winter when you're tired of the Christmas scents.

Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar. Yep. Lol

Sandalwood (cost revised), surprisingly strong and close to the real thing.

Fresh Cut Christmas tree. Yep.

Christmas Cookies, similar to most sugar cookie scents, great throw.

Cinnamon Bun, this is a great cinn bun, fantastic throw and a nice dry cinnamon scent.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. I'll check my stash later to see if I missed any good ones. 😁

Why hello Miss Sarah!  How are you doing?  I hope well!  :)  From your list the only ones I have are Ice Cream Parlor (which I love) and  Sweet Potato & Brown Sugar.  Both absolutely phenomenal scents!  Cozy Cabin & Egyptian Musk both sound lovely!  What kind of things do you mix with Egyptian Musk?  If you don’t mind me asking what other Cinnamon Bun FO’s have you tried?  

Are you all prepped and ready for Christmas?  I sure am not!  😬. Have to get on the ball and try to finish this weekend!  🎄❄️💫❤️

5 hours ago, bfroberts said:

I buy my jars from Aztec and I do the 5 for 5 with every order, so I think I’ve tried nearly every scent they have.  There are some duds but some really good ones as well.

Off the top of my head, I use Tobacco, Apple Jack & Peel, Leaves, Coral Reef, Volcano, Almond (a good mixer), Cinnamon Sugar Donut, Pine Bough & Apple (great in room spray), Pure Paradise (sprays), Rosemary Mint, Marshmallow Fireside, Grandmas Kitchen, Grapefruit & Mangosteen, Cozy Cabin, Blueberry Pumpkin Patch, Moonlight Path, Alpine Frost, Cottage Breeze (great linen spray), Cranberry Citrus, Caribbean Breeze, Pink Sands, Pomegranate Mandarin. Most of these are used in soap and wax.  I love the new Crisp Air & Winterberry. It’s my current favorite scent.  

@bfroberts Thank you so much for your reply!  It’s so nice to see what everyone has tested and/or likes to use.  From your list the ones I have tested are: 

Apple Jack & Peel- love

Leaves

Volcano- love

Grandmas Kitchen

Alpine Frost

Ironically enough I placed a small order this morning and I got the $5 for 5.  The Crisp Air & Winterberry and Blueberry Pumpkin Patch were 2 of the 5 I chose.  🥳. I’m super excited to try them now!  The Pine Bough & Apple and the Coral Reef both sound nice.  I almost ordered the Coral Reef.  What do you mostly get from it?  Do you smell the lemon?  Some of the reviews say it’s light, would you say so?  Thanks again!  😇🙌🏼

5 hours ago, GailC said:

@Sarah S  I've bought 58 fragrance oils from Aztec through the years, plus lots of samples,  but not a one of those on your list except the Sweet Potato and Brown Sugar. Sometimes I wonder about asking others what fragrances they like from a supplier because we all have different tastes.  But I still ask.  :) 

I know, it's so funny! I think we have different tastes, but also you have turned me on to some awesome fragrances, like Bayside Marina, that I would never try on my own. So it's good to get other points of view. 😁

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Marleigha said:

Why hello Miss Sarah!  How are you doing?  I hope well!  :)  From your list the only ones I have are Ice Cream Parlor (which I love) and  Sweet Potato & Brown Sugar.  Both absolutely phenomenal scents!  Cozy Cabin & Egyptian Musk both sound lovely!  What kind of things do you mix with Egyptian Musk?  If you don’t mind me asking what other Cinnamon Bun FO’s have you tried?  

Are you all prepped and ready for Christmas?  I sure am not!  😬. Have to get on the ball and try to finish this weekend!  🎄❄️💫❤️

I am actually ready for Christmas this year! I work well under pressure, and the holiday season sure is short this year! 😅 We are doing a door decorating contest at work, so that forced me to step up my holiday game. 😂

I have tried the the cinnamon bun from WSP and it was ok, and from ICS, which was very good. Aztec's just happens to be the one I went with for now. I do think that ICS really has excellent bakery FOs, and when I run out of this I will probably switch over to their Bearclaws or Cinn Strudel.

Egyptian Musk mixes well with anything that needs a little taming. I mix it with Dragon's Blood, it does great to tone down Aztec's Sultana (a great soap scent, btw, but super strong)... it's just great for softening pretty much anything that isn't bakery. 😁

Oh yeah, and Gail reminded me, I love Aztec's Bayside Marina! She recommended it to me, otherwise I never would have tried it. It is a warm salty fragrance with a hint of fruits and flowers warmed in the sun, but just barely discernible. I love it in palm wax, it is warm and clean.

21 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

I am actually ready for Christmas this year! I work well under pressure, and the holiday season sure is short this year! 😅 We are doing a door decorating contest at work, so that forced me to step up my holiday game. 😂

I have tried the the cinnamon bun from WSP and it was ok, and from ICS, which was very good. Aztec's just happens to be the one I went with for now. I do think that ICS really has excellent bakery FOs, and when I run out of this I will probably switch over to their Bearclaws or Cinn Strudel.

Egyptian Musk mixes well with anything that needs a little taming. I mix it with Dragon's Blood, it does great to tone down Aztec's Sultana (a great soap scent, btw, but super strong)... it's just great for softening pretty much anything that isn't bakery. 😁

Oh yeah, and Gail reminded me, I love Aztec's Bayside Marina! She recommended it to me, otherwise I never would have tried it. It is a warm salty fragrance with a hint of fruits and flowers warmed in the sun, but just barely discernible. I love it in palm wax, it is warm and clean.

Ahhh... A door decorating contest sounds fun!  And YAASSS..... The holiday season is seemingly super short this year!  I can’t believe how quickly it crept up on us!  I think with my pops passing away on my birthday it slowed a lot of things down for me.... 💔🤯. I’ve been spending lots of time with mom!  With my dad being gone I know how empty she is feeling and I hate the thought of her hurting!  I mean I know it’s a natural part of losing a loved one, but her and my pops were married for 48 years so it just tears me apart inside!  Sorry for the depressing paragraph!  

I have to tell you.... ICS has amazing bakery oils!  When I tried their oils for the first time I was blown away!  Especially their Vanilla Frosted Graham’s!  Goodness Gracious that stuff in my wax is outstanding!  I use a parasoy blend!  You mainly use palm wax right?  

Looks like I will be adding Egyptian musk, Cozy Cabin & Bayside Marina to my next order with Aztec!  😇🙏🏼💞❄️🎄💫

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marleigha said:

@bfroberts Thank you so much for your reply!  It’s so nice to see what everyone has tested and/or likes to use.  From your list the ones I have tested are: 

Apple Jack & Peel- love

Leaves

Volcano- love

Grandmas Kitchen

Alpine Frost

Ironically enough I placed a small order this morning and I got the $5 for 5.  The Crisp Air & Winterberry and Blueberry Pumpkin Patch were 2 of the 5 I chose.  🥳. I’m super excited to try them now!  The Pine Bough & Apple and the Coral Reef both sound nice.  I almost ordered the Coral Reef.  What do you mostly get from it?  Do you smell the lemon?  Some of the reviews say it’s light, would you say so?  Thanks again!  😇🙌🏼

Coral Reef is very similar to Aqua Coraline by Thymes. It’s not what I consider light but it’s not an in your face scent. It’s soft in the same way as Strawberries & Champagne or Beautiful Day...scents like that, the ones that linger in the background and make you think, “what’s that scent?”  I love it.  I don’t really notice the individual notes, but it is an ocean type scent.  Pine Bough & Apple is my 2nd best selling room spray.  The apple is just right to soften the pine. Even people that don’t like pines love this one. 

• Like 1

Thank you so much for that info @bfroberts!  Coral Reef does sound really nice!  Will also be getting a sample of that one next time.  

And can I haven’t made my post yet about the swap package because I want to make more of a special post, but my goodness girlfriend........ THE CLAMSHELL TOU MADE SMELLS AMAZING!!!!! Actually, literally everything I’ve ever gotten in the swap from you is stellar!  🥰. Just sayin’ 😇🙌🏼  You go girl!!! 💞👍🏼😜🤩🥳

On 12/6/2019 at 10:22 AM, bfroberts said:

How is their Tobacco? I was just eyeballing that one this morning. I currently am using Pipe Tobacco & Vanilla Tobacco from Indigo, both are great, but Aztec's added notes of brown sugar and mahogany woods sound lovely.

On 12/6/2019 at 3:23 PM, Marleigha said:

Hi Gail!  I hope you are doing well.  Thank you for your help with Aztec FO’s.  I know, I was a few minutes late on the sale so figured I would make a post about it first.  I always do a search but then I also like to re-ask Out of your list the ones I have are:

Caramel Pecan Pie

Cantaloupe & Lily

Leaves

Volcano
Monkey Farts

And I agree they are all fantastic!  With the Brazilian Coffee & Pure Cane how would you describe that coffee?  Plain, spicy, etc...  And the Bayside Marina.... That one sounds yummy and would like to try it out eventually.  Can you smell the grapefruit right away?  Thanks again Gail!  😇🎄💫

I love Brazilian Coffee.  Except for the name which is too long, so I renamed it Kona coffee.  Kona coffee is part of the description.  No spicy smell at all. Just a rich coffee and cream smell I guess.

I don't smell any grapefruit at all in Bayside Marina.  Just a clean/fresh ocean smell.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 4:23 PM, Sarah S said:

I have ics bear claws and it smells so light OOB . Maybe the oil was getting old or it comes to life in wax ? 

21 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I have ics bear claws and it smells so light OOB . Maybe the oil was getting old or it comes to life in wax ? 

I use that one in CBL125 Moonstar, maybe it doesn't do as well in other waxes.

It does smell lighter OOB than when I burn it. The heat really helps the bakery scents bloom, imo.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2019 at 5:03 PM, sarahmarah said:

Has anyone tried the Molasses? I don’t want to mess with another supplier but I’m looking for a good Molasses...

I have it but have never put it in wax. It smells good and strong to my nose OOB though if that's any help. I don't have another similar FO to compare it to.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2019 at 8:38 PM, Moonstar said:

Oh wow really?  The Bear Claws FO that I have from ICS is always great!  I have ordered 2 bottles and both have been stellar in my parasoy wax blend.  How old is the one you have from them?  

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 6:03 PM, sarahmarah said:

Has anyone tried the Molasses? I don’t want to mess with another supplier but I’m looking for a good Molasses...

I have not tried any Molasses fragrance oil.  But are you looking for like a molasses syrup or a molasses cookie? 

On 1/6/2020 at 6:41 AM, sarahmarah said:

Aztec has the molasses syrup. It gets mixed reviews but I’m curious 😊

I have heard Aztecs blackstrap molasses is amazing but I have not tried it myself.  Anyone else tried Aztecs BSM?  😜

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 11:54 PM, Marleigha said:

Oh wow really?  The Bear Claws FO that I have from ICS is always great!  I have ordered 2 bottles and both have been stellar in my parasoy wax blend.  How old is the one you have from them?  

I think the oil I had was just getting old because it seems to be a favorite for a lot of people. The oil I really like from ICS is Wildberry Mouse . 

• Like 1