New here, No throw, Please help

Lil kitty

I apologize, I am not trying to take away from the original post here it seems she is having almost the same problem as me. My first attempt at making candles was in 2017, I started out the gate with Candlewick natural soy wax  444 with a 2% universal soy wax additive. I tried 3 different brands of essential oils, Blu Spirits, Holly Jolly, and P and J premium fragrance oil, I used cozyours candle wicks, and I mixed gulf wax in with one batch of candle wax I melted because I read somewhere it would help. I burned through 5+pounds of wax, made several 4-8 inch candles and none of them threw a scent. If you picked them up and just smelled them you would know they were scented but once you lit them, nothing. I eventually became so frustrated that I stored away my wax and oils and moved on to something else. The truth is I would give anything to figure out what I am doing wrong, I am dying to make scented candles because I have a thousand and one places I can use them but if they are not going to throw a scent then why bother. Oh I added the scented oil based on the several different temps I found on the internet for the type of wax I was using or the recommended temp on the bottle of oil I used. Obviously, not a single one worked for me.  

55 minutes ago, Karen Ov said:

Maybe its the essential oils, try fragrance oils ..and try to cure them for a week or 2...

Totally agree!  Essential oils can be tricky and so can soy.  You're going to need to play around with fragrance oil %, cure times, pouring temps, wick types, etc.  As I don't work with pure soy, you might also want to search within the general candle as well as vegetable wax candle making forum for additional help.  Good luck to you!

444 Is a “complete” wax blend and needs a pretty hefty wick.  It does not need additives like soy wax additive.  Universal soy additive may be helpful in “naked” soy waxes like 415 to improve the appearance, but it tends to lock up scent pretty reliably, and needs hotter and hotter wicks to tease out the fragrance while burning. I did line blend tests once upon a time. 

444 usually is a nice wax, with decent throw when wicked well. Some batches have been problematic, notably when the manufacturing moved to Central America. Letting those cases sit ad age seems to have helped, at least in my shop. 

the quality of your essential oils and often the oil itself can determine the outcome of a candle. Most essential oils are rather delicate and volatile.waxes that require a hot wick to burn will vaporize (fully combust) the scent before it has a chance to make it into the air. If you can smell the wax and essential oil while melting on a wax melter (like a scentsy) the problem is your wick.

9 hours ago, TallTayl said:

444 Is a “complete” wax blend and needs a pretty hefty wick.  It does not need additives like soy wax additive. 
Oh great, did I buy the wrong thing? I was sharing the information from the Amazon page of the company I bought the wax from. It's called Candlewic Natural Soy Wax, in the description it reads 
This is a good container blend with a 121-125 melt point that is blended with 2% Universal Soy Wax Additive

This wax can hold up to 15% Fragrance and has an incredible hot throw

Completely natural and renewable resource.
I tried once adding the gulf wax and when it didn't work I gave up on it. 
When you are talking about fragrance oils do you mean 10060776.jpg?fit=inside|1024:1024
if so I've used these as well, in fact, I've used this scent and got the same results. It's got to be me, either I'm doing something wrong before/when/after I add the scents or I'm cursed. 

17 hours ago, Lil kitty said:

cozyours candle wicks

I had to look that up ... are those hemp wicks?  I have used the wax you're using, but I don't know how hemp wicks work in it.  It seems to me that I had better throw with 444 if I used 8-9% fragrance oil ( I'm pretty sure 11% is the maximum for that wax, but I've never attempted it, probably a waste imo. )  As already advised, stick with the fragrance oils, imo, or mix your essential oils with fragrance oils only as an addition.