Bittercreek Shipping

SueH

I haven't ordered from Bittercreek in a while and went to place an order. My order comes to 99.00. I went to check out and my shipping is 168.00. What the heck? I know shipping rates went up but this cannot be right. Has anyone else had this happen? I was ordering 10 lbs of wax and jars along with other items.

I’d give them a call.  Their cart isn’t the greatest.  I live close enough for speedee to courier it. The cart never knows t

the amount. It’s a mystery until the charge comes through unless I call.  They’ve always been super to talk with. 

If you do call them, I'm interested in hearing your results.  I don't order from them anymore either because of their cart & shipping prices.  Using Paypal is a pain and shipping costs are ridiculous.  $24.80 shipping for one pound of FO, which ironically is exactly $10 more than it would cost me to send them the same.  I understand packaging & shipping costs, and they are clearly gouging.

Their checkout/shipping fees were the worst so I stopped using them.  I didn't have the time to make calls every time I place an online order so I had to eliminate those that were always issues.  They need an overhaul on their website especially the cart/shipping/paypal.

• Like 2

I ended up emailing them they answered back by the net morning. They said the cart shipping is an estimate and that they figure it out after the order is placed. I listed the items I wanted and they said shipping would be 50.00 depending on where I live. I will place the order and wait and see cause I love the things they have. Thanks for all the feedback!

Do they inform you anywhere that the shipping is an estimate when you are in the cart? With all the tools available for shopping carts, I don’t understand why they can’t correct that.  

$168 to $50 is a big jump! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sebleo said:

Do they inform you anywhere that the shipping is an estimate when you are in the cart? With all the tools available for shopping carts, I don’t understand why they can’t correct that.  

$168 to $50 is a big jump! 

Nope.  They have a shipping calculator and everything.  You ain't kidding, that's a big jump.  Huge.  I cannot imagine what they are thinking. 

I'm like kandlekrazy. I don't have the time or the inclination to jump through hoops to buy something.  It's a shame though. They have loads of stuff I would buy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

Nope.  They have a shipping calculator and everything.  You ain't kidding, that's a big jump.  Huge.  I cannot imagine what they are thinking. 

I'm like kandlekrazy. I don't have the time or the inclination to jump through hoops to buy something.  It's a shame though. They have loads of stuff I would buy.

I am the same way. I wouldn’t call or email- just abandon my cart. Like I said, there are tools they could use to get it close to what it should be, if not exact. 

I’m sure I miss out on great oils because I won’t shop with companies that have egregious website errors like this. There’s at least one that doesn’t describe their fragrance oils. And a few that don’t group their scents by type. I don’t want to scroll through every scent, alphabetically, for 30+ pages to shop! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 4:19 PM, SueH said:

Good new! I got my order and shipping was 17.00 instead of 168. I'm so glad cause I love their products!

This alone would make me NOT buy from them!  How can you be that far off both online and on the phone?  It's insane to me, even simple carts can estimate shipping way closer.  I think nobody there has taken the time to put in weights on each item so the cart estimates closer.

It looks like their entire web site is crazy out of date. Imagining the cost to replace, and populate with their inventory is going to be a major undertaking.  I’d love to give them a crack at a new site. There are so many good, affordable options available now. 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 1:01 PM, TallTayl said:

It looks like their entire web site is crazy out of date. Imagining the cost to replace, and populate with their inventory is going to be a major undertaking.  I’d love to give them a crack at a new site. There are so many good, affordable options available now. 

Its such a shame because they have a lot of great products. Their website just screams 2005! It would be a massive undertaking, but imagine how their sales would increase with a modern, mobile-friendly, user friendly site! Well worth the investment imo. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thankfully I live close enough to be able to use SpeeDee!  That is the only way I can still afford to do business with them!  Does anyone know if they are closed for the Holidays?  I placed an order for just  box of wax on 12/13 and it still says "processing" and I can't get anyone on the phone or on email?  Thanks!

• 1 month later...

So, I needed to get a sample of bird of paradise for someone looking for a circle e dupe. All others I have tried are not even close. I have been resistant to ordering from them bc of the shipping. But since I’ve read here that their estimates are way over what they end up charging, I decided to give them a try. 

I ordered 2 sample oils for a total of $5. The estimated shipping was $21 and change. 😲. I didn’t panic bc I knew they wouldn’t really charge that. I received my package today and sure enough, they didn’t charge $21 for shipping. They did charge $17 and change! 🤬To ship 2 sample bottles!!

I'm going to call them Monday. But if that’s what they say is fair shipping then I won’t be doing business with them. And unfortunately, this oil smells oob like it is what I need. 

Over $17 to ship 2 ounces of oil! 🤯

• Sad 1

That is the problem I have with some suppliers is not offering a first class or flat rate system for sample orders.  I sometimes only want to grab a dozen oils or so in sample sizes to test and the shipping ends up being the same if not close to double for under a pound of weight.

One of the sites i was on the other day said it was 15 and change to ship a 1oz fo ..just 1 ..no way .I will just stick to the suppliers with way cheaper shipping rates..its to bad though because i do like fo's  from the expensive suppliers..😥

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 7:16 PM, Sebleo said:

So, I needed to get a sample of bird of paradise for someone looking for a circle e dupe. All others I have tried are not even close. I have been resistant to ordering from them bc of the shipping. But since I’ve read here that their estimates are way over what they end up charging, I decided to give them a try. 

I ordered 2 sample oils for a total of $5. The estimated shipping was $21 and change. 😲. I didn’t panic bc I knew they wouldn’t really charge that. I received my package today and sure enough, they didn’t charge $21 for shipping. They did charge $17 and change! 🤬To ship 2 sample bottles!!

I'm going to call them Monday. But if that’s what they say is fair shipping then I won’t be doing business with them. And unfortunately, this oil smells oob like it is what I need. 

Over $17 to ship 2 ounces of oil! 🤯

OMG, seriously?! So sorry to hear that. What did they say when you called them?

I’ll call them Monday. They sent it ups ground, which looks like $10 for business accounts. They charged $17.90. 

The real deal is that now I don’t want to order from them anymore simply because I won’t know the shipping charges until after they ship it and bill me. Too late for me to say no, that’s too much. Or know how much to buy to make the most of my shipping like I can with my other suppliers.