Palm Wax Melts- Size ?

rhonda604

Hello, this is my first post so forgive me if I have put it in the incorrect spot ~ Can you tell me what a good size for 'wax melts' are ? I want to have a custom mold made but his depth is .375" (9mm) (1.5"Hx1.5"W  x  .375"D) is that too shallow (Is the goal of a melt to melt slowly to longer---Ie: 'chunkier' better?) On the company that does the small bears, they seem small.

When it comes to using the melt the depth won’t be a concern. It will make it much harder for you to pour- the smaller the mold is. You’ll definitely want to pour in small increments bc it’s hard to pour consistently without splashing or over pouring. 

I would suggest finding a cheap mold with similar dimensions to practice pouring before you commit to a custom mold. 

When I get home I will measure the mold I use to see how it compares. The height and width are similar - just need to check the depth. 

edit to say- the small bears are tiny. But they are poured by machine. Trust that you would throw in the towel super fast hand pouring those. At least I would. I gave up on molds close to twice that size bc they were back breaking!

Edited by Sebleo

the goal is to have them melt into the warmer at a reasonable rate to fill the space with scent quickly for as long as possible.

too small and people can just add more. 

Too big and people have to cut them.  

For use, too small is better than too big IMO.

Mine are 2.5x1.6x0.7

Thats roughly double the size of yours and mine are right at 0.9 oz of wax.  Perfect for a large warmer and easy to break in half for a small warmer. 

I could be wrong, but I’d think it would be back breaking work to fill it at .375 depth. You’re melts will be about a half ounce. My first melts were between .25 and .4 oz and it was killing my wrist and back trying to pour such a small amount. 

I’d see if you can get the mold a little deeper.