Lot of Changes?

We sold our house and moved across the country a couple of years ago.  Then I moved my 95 year old mom here, cared for her till her death. Then helped my son get set up in his new place. So I've been completely removed from candle making except for checking back in once.   After the holidays I'm thinking of getting back into the candle making business here.  I'm wondering if there are any big changes  you could tell me please? I know I saw peak went out of business, but then didn't. But their original oil are being sold somewhere else now? Right? I know I can't get my beloved Vanilla bean noel anymore. And I'll proabaly have to buy wax at a new location or shipping will kill me. I'm also thinking I need to get insurance this time. I was  just an LLC  before but this is a bigger city and think I maybe should protect myself even more with insurance and an LLC? I know there's a lot of information out there and I will slowly read to catch up. Just wondering if there are any realy big changes you can tell me about. Thanks so much! Looking forward to the possibility of being back. 

Soy wax went through some major changes as well as most FOs. So looks like you will need to retest all over again. But then you probably were already assuming that part of it. The other part of the equation is shipping prices are so high you really have to shop around to find good deals. Some suppliers have very competitive shipping costs while others are insanely high. Its gonna impact how you shop for supplies.

Welcome back to the insanity and addiction that is candlemaking.

I think its very sweet of you to take such good care of your family and putting them first for the last few years. Not everyone has the energy or kindness in their hearts to do that. You must be a very patient giving person.

Thank you. That's sweet of you to say. And thank you for the information. Yes. I guess more testing is in my future. I had intended to offer much less number of scents  I used to carried and feel out the market here. Some of my old customers have contacted me about when I would sell again but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be willing to pay the shipping it would cost to ship across the country so I may pass on the web site  for now. I'll have to research to see if the ones I decided to test are still available.