Skin irritation from radiation therapy

Pam W

I have a friend that is going thru massive radiation therapy treatments for numerous skin cancers and the radiation treatments have caused major irritation on her skin and I'm wondering if there is something/anything that I can incorporate into a lotion/salve that will help relieve her discomfort.  Not like I can create anything to counter act the cancers but just maybe there is something I can create to help with her skin discomfort.

Any suggestions on possible ingredients for lotions and/or salves will be appreciated.

Personally, if I was suffering from that kind of skin irritation, I'd make my own simple salve with organic hemp derived cbd + organic coconut oil.  The cbd should help the pain and the inflammation. I'd  avoid adding anything else to it (like an essential oil) for fear it might aggravate the delicate skin.

Edited by pughaus

I would keep it super simple. No essential oils.  Fracionated coconut oil spray would be helpful, it is as simple as you can get. Lotions you will need a preservative and could be a problem on tender skin. Salves might even be too thick to apply.  Possible something with aloe or aloe spray but again needs preservation.

I was talking with a friend who is undergoing chemo and her skin is super sensitive. She has asked me to make her soap to wash with so I am doing a bastile type that is super mild and gentle. 

I just wanted to add she mentioned anything with citric acid caused her skin to flare. So be careful products that are preserved with citric acid. One that comes to mind is the aloe juice I buy. I won't be putting it in the soap.