A tip for super hard to wick container waxes

I’ve been reading a LOT of posts lately about C3 being extremely hard to burn.  This wax seems like it suffers the same inconsistency from lot to lot as many others. Or maybe it is being continuously “Improved” to meet customer demands for adhesion and extremely high fragrance loads.  Who knows? 

anyway, in the good old days we would add a little paraffin to fix the problems and be back in business in two shakes. More recently the “paraffin bad” opinions became loud prompting people to turn to newer alternatives, like coconut oil.  Coconut oil is not a magic buLlet by any stretch. It causes as many problems as it hopes to solve. 

my trick: keep some “naked” soy on hand.  I use midwest soy lately. It has no additives and is pretty reliably consistent. In theory 415 should work but I don’t trust it after the 2016/2017 mess they created. 

Mix in 10-20% of the naked soy to the overly hard C3 (or whatever soy wax blend you’re using). This has helped my waxes tremendously.  Maybe I’ve been lucky in that my waxes just seemed to have too much of the proprietary additives in the mix so the problem was easy to solve. All I know is when I read my waxes, and they appear too hard to wick, plain naked soy usually gets me back in the game. I expect my soy tins to burn with cd12, cd14 and an occasional cd16 with super hard to burn FO. If C3 needs a cd20 just to burn on its own it is time to tame that beast with  naked soy. 

good luck. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2