new soy wax a game changer

I am so excited to hear a new wax is being released in Australia in December that has everyone going crazy! I just thought i  would mention it on here ,  as there have been so many problems with soy over the last few years. Those that have received it to try are screaming its' praises, with an amazing hot and cold throw  and beautiful ,creamy smooth set. It is a coconut soy base with a new additive ... which also will apparently be sold separately if needed. It will be available from AllSeasons Wax Co. (ASW) and  distributed from their fabulous "Luxury candle supplies"  in Melbourne Australia.  I am not affiliated with them at all, but love their waxes .... am using their A05 Cocosoy at the moment. They are constantly developing new waxes and improving their products wherever they can. If you can find it in the USA give it a go .... you won't be disappointed! Their customer service is out of this world and I constantly get help and advice from the man who is making this wax and owns the business - how amazing to have full transparency and honesty - where do you get that these days?! He posted my friend a box of wax for us to try - and she is blown away by it ( I haven't been able to get to her place yet!)  If you can look on Facebook , there are a lot of posts coming up on it on "Candlemakers' world" ... LCS also has headquarters in London , so keep an eye out in Usa! Michael Skoullos is a bloody legend! https://luxurycandlesupplies.com.au/  check them out x

• Thanks 2

I wonder what the additive could be... I hope it's not the same thing(s) I've been working on for the last year. Is this the reformulated A05 wax?

AllSeasons waxes look nice. If only we had them in the US...

Edited by Kerven

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 5:44 AM, Kerven said:

I wonder what the additive could be... I hope it's not the same thing(s) I've been working on for the last year. Is this the reformulated A05 wax?

AllSeasons waxes look nice. If only we had them in the US...

A05 is still available , but the combo is called M12 Ulitmate soy wax . You can also buy the additive on it's own , it works with other waxes too. It came out today .... Keep your eyes out for ASW - they are lovely! Can't wait to try it ... will let you know how it goes!

On 11/1/2019 at 12:11 AM, pughaus said:

Is the new additive "paraffin" ?  😉

From just a basic, brief research, it looks like hydrogenated coconut oil (the same 92*F we have here) and possibly some Cargill like universal soy additive.

The wording is remarkably similar to what the US sellers have been writing. 

https://allseasonswaxcompany.com.au/superior-cocosoy-a05

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kerven said:

If it's the MST additive, here's a video showing its consistency:

Link

Stated in the comments: "It's a Vaseline based additive".

So much for being petroleum-free.

That looks amazingly like coconut oil 92 right down to the blue bag used by soapers choice in desplaines illinois. 🧐

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TallTayl said:

From just a basic, brief research, it looks like hydrogenated coconut oil (the same 92*F we have here) and possibly some Cargill like universal soy additive.

It seems they "removed the paraffin" from their cocosoy and are now offering it separately as a new miracle additive called "MST"?

Am I reading this correctly?  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pughaus said:

It seems they "removed the paraffin" from their cocosoy and are now offering it separately as a new miracle additive called "MST"?

You and I are reading it similarly. 
MST, not sure. I really dislike when companies are so “tricky” with their marketing. 

• Like 1

@talltayl   per their website:
 The make up of this additive is derivative of petroleum jelly – a component commonly used in lip balm products and Vaseline.

a derivative of petroleum ...
  How innovative!  If only we had access to something like this in the US 😂

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/30/2019 at 9:21 AM, obsessed said:

I am so excited to hear a new wax is being released in Australia in December that has everyone going crazy! I just thought i  would mention it on here ,  as there have been so many problems with soy over the last few years. Those that have received it to try are screaming its' praises, with an amazing hot and cold throw  and beautiful ,creamy smooth set. It is a coconut soy base with a new additive ... which also will apparently be sold separately if needed. It will be available from AllSeasons Wax Co. (ASW) and  distributed from their fabulous "Luxury candle supplies"  in Melbourne Australia.  I am not affiliated with them at all, but love their waxes .... am using their A05 Cocosoy at the moment. They are constantly developing new waxes and improving their products wherever they can. If you can find it in the USA give it a go .... you won't be disappointed! Their customer service is out of this world and I constantly get help and advice from the man who is making this wax and owns the business - how amazing to have full transparency and honesty - where do you get that these days?! He posted my friend a box of wax for us to try - and she is blown away by it ( I haven't been able to get to her place yet!)  If you can look on Facebook , there are a lot of posts coming up on it on "Candlemakers' world" ... LCS also has headquarters in London , so keep an eye out in Usa! Michael Skoullos is a bloody legend! https://luxurycandlesupplies.com.au/  check them out x

I was actually one of the "testers" for these waxes a couple years ago. They had us fill out all sorts of information about the waxes and test them out and make detailed remarks on little cards. Honestly, I was disappointed. I had high hopes but after taking a close look and trying them all, they were NO better than any other wax. Don't believe all the hype.

As for customer service, I have probably ordered over 5k worth of products from them. They ship quickly and have great items, BUT when there have been problems (dented gift boxes, for example in my last shipment) it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to reach someone. Emails go unanswered. When they finally write back, they promise to replace the items in the next order...but then don't answer emails when I place the next order! In the end, I have ended up just taking the loss-twice- on shipments that had small issues. It was just too hard to get my money back and since it was not a lot of money, I let it go. However, this lack of communication made me want to stop ordering from them. If I am going to pay $8 for a candle container, PLUS another $6 to ship it to the USA, I have to trust that they will take care of the customer.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Cindel said:

The MST is just hydrogenated coconut oil? 

I was hoping to place an order for their Love containers. 

Sorry to be a killjoy-but I purchased the blue/gold Love container and it was cheaper looking in person, than in the photo. The gold paint was sort of chipped and also chunky. Just letting you know.

3 minutes ago, candlesinflorida said:

Sorry to be a killjoy-but I purchased the blue/gold Love container and it was cheaper looking in person, than in the photo. The gold paint was sort of chipped and also chunky. Just letting you know.

Thank you.  That's disappointing to hear.  

Welp my vessel search continue. 

6 minutes ago, Cindel said:

Thank you.  That's disappointing to hear.  

Welp my vessel search continue. 

LOVE many of their other vessels (pun intended) but again, shipping outside AU is prohibitive. Edit to add: the GORGIO SPECKLES are really gorgeous and a similar concept w the metallic speckles, but way nicer.

Edited by candlesinflorida
looked up the correct container name :)

On 12/3/2019 at 3:20 PM, candlesinflorida said:

I was actually one of the "testers" for these waxes a couple years ago. They had us fill out all sorts of information about the waxes and test them out and make detailed remarks on little cards. Honestly, I was disappointed. I had high hopes but after taking a close look and trying them all, they were NO better than any other wax. Don't believe all the hype.

As for customer service, I have probably ordered over 5k worth of products from them. They ship quickly and have great items, BUT when there have been problems (dented gift boxes, for example in my last shipment) it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to reach someone. Emails go unanswered. When they finally write back, they promise to replace the items in the next order...but then don't answer emails when I place the next order! In the end, I have ended up just taking the loss-twice- on shipments that had small issues. It was just too hard to get my money back and since it was not a lot of money, I let it go. However, this lack of communication made me want to stop ordering from them. If I am going to pay $8 for a candle container, PLUS another $6 to ship it to the USA, I have to trust that they will take care of the customer.

So sorry to hear of your experience there, mine is the complete opposite. I actually get to facetime the owner of the company with any problems and could not speak more highly of both their products and their customer service! If you were an early tester, I can assure you there has been a lot of fine tuning with their waxes. I too had difficulty early on, but the owner took all criticism on board and still does. All of their waxes are now fantastic , as long as you learn how to use them. They like low , slow heat to max of about 78c and pour best when cloudy. LCS are so transparent and honest with all of their products, you will not get any bullSunshine from them. Their waxes are used to produce many big retail candles for obvious reasons and they are fast becoming a force to be reckoned with. I am certain it will only be a matter of time before you will be able to source them in the USA . 

• Thanks 1

how disappointed do you think I feel at all of the negative , smart comments made regarding my post?  

On 12/3/2019 at 3:26 PM, candlesinflorida said:

I have the pale grey with silver leaf flecks on it ... it's gorgeous. the paint is meant to be "chipped"looking. It looks like SILVER LEAF  ... thats' the look. It is not chunky AT ALL . there is a Vogue that is thicker , with flecks on it , maybe that is the one she is thinking of? LOVE jar is elegant and style .. just beautiful for xmas

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2019 at 11:48 AM, pughaus said:

the only wax ASW had with paraffin in it was A27 ... a pillar/melts wax.  They have been fine tuning their waxes for the last couple of years and listening to what we want.They removed palm and paraffin when we didn't like it and adjusted formulas to work the way we wanted.  ASW do not re-bag other companies' waxes and sell as their own (as implied in a previous comment). They make all of their waxes and tailor them to what we want ( in Aust. the owner is on first name basis with  many chandlers and is always trying to improve).  Yes, the new additive is a paraffin base ... also including  refined mineral oil. I am so disappointed how a lot of you have just slammed/sniggered at my post, it was meant to be inspirational. I would not have bothered if I had known how many smart remarks it would attract. If you only knew how transparent this company is (honest!) you would also be optimistic. We have had a rough few years with all of the soy problems and this new wax is really great. It's a shame a lot of you don't see this like I do. I have found a company that is having a go, that is listening to what people want and is putting their neck on the line and going the extra mile. I can talk to the owner any time I want , no matter what country he's in and ask him a question. Transparent/honest and dedicated .... what more can you want? 

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2019 at 2:29 AM, TallTayl said:

no ..no and no

On 12/3/2019 at 3:23 PM, Cindel said:

The MST is just hydrogenated coconut oil? 

I was hoping to place an order for their Love containers. 

no  ... https://luxurycandlesupplies.com.au/product-category/wax/   M12 is their Cocosoy with the additive / and the MST is the additive that can be used with your own wax at a 65/35% ratio.   They make A05 Cocosoy , which is a beautiful creamy , high-end soy blend . They have chosen this fabulous wax to make a pre-blended formula , so you don't have to measure out the additive and wax separately.  The MST is getting great reviews so far also with 464 and C3 ... no need to change wicks . I have tried all of their waxes and love them all ... you need to be patient and persevere with heat and pour temps to get the best results. It is worth the effort! 

@obsessed Do you happen to have a link to any of the technical documentation? So far all I see is marketing spin. Even finding what MST stands for is impossible.

Pardon us for being so jaded as we have fallen for similar marketing tactics too many times in the past couple of years. I’ve heard from American manufacturers that the magical additive is just 4630, so there’s a lot of misinformation apparently coming from somewhere.  The actual technical specs including the Cavs numbers for product information such as white American manufacturers are required would be very helpful to make an informed decision.

• Like 1