Nature wax cc3

Hi, 

I have got a couple (or more) questions about soy wax Nature wax c3.

I used soy wax Ecosoya (CB Advanced) but the site from where I order is not selling it anymore, they have Nature Wax instead (I only use soy wax for my candles) but buying it will mean having lots of changes in the percentage of fragrance, for example, types of wicks to use, temperature of melting and of pouring, I mean all this stuff.. But what I really wish to know is: how much fragrance oil do you use (in percentage) with this wax? I wish to have a strong ht and yes, I know that it depends on the different fragrances, but if you could give me some guidelines I would appreciate it very much! Thank you!! Ps: many sites (Nature wax schedule as well) states to not go over 6% of FO but I fear that could be too little.. What do you say? 

14 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

If wicked well 6% is usually nice. 

I’ve gone up to 8 with no issues. 

I use Woodwicks in the size adviced for the glass size :) I will try with 8% FO. Thank you so much for your answer!

Ps: about melting and pouring temperatures, what temperature do you go with? 

Hi there, you can google the guidelines for this wax on many sites. You will have to retest as this is a very different wax to what you were using. Pour temps etc, may depend on where you live and your work site. Don’t assume 8 per cent will be better than 6 per cent in this wax. C3 candles are very fragrant IMHO. You can use the search function for C3 wax and read multiple threads about how to use this wax.

54 minutes ago, NightLight said:

Hi there, you can google the guidelines for this wax on many sites. You will have to retest as this is a very different wax to what you were using. Pour temps etc, may depend on where you live and your work site. Don’t assume 8 per cent will be better than 6 per cent in this wax. C3 candles are very fragrant IMHO. You can use the search function for C3 wax and read multiple threads about how to use this wax.

HI! I read a lot of threads (here as well) about this wax but unfortunately there are lots of different opinions :( I also read the wax guidelines, same story... The problem is I was sure to buy the EcoSoya wax (which I am used to) but it is not sold anymore on the site from where I order, and now I am late to do tests. I hope that a mix of some tips and tricks about this wax that I read on this forum and elsewhere would help :) Thank you! 

Yeah ecosoya finally pulled the plug on their operations.

You will pick up on C3 very quickly I’m confident of that. I heat soy generally to 180 to 185.

cloud point for me is 105-110*F. I stir frequently during cool to promote even cooling which results in tiny grains of soy. Tiny grains equals shinier tips and smooth overall look. 

23 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Yeah ecosoya finally pulled the plug on their operations.

You will pick up on C3 very quickly I’m confident of that. I heat soy generally to 180 to 185.

cloud point for me is 105-110*F. I stir frequently during cool to promote even cooling which results in tiny grains of soy. Tiny grains equals shinier tips and smooth overall look. 

You are awesome! Thank you so much for these advices! I will follow them for I feel I can trust your experience :)

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

Try everything for yourself then pick things that work for you. Pick and choose to find your best practices 👍🏻

I started out following all of the rules. Figured out what worked and didn’t for me. Then I broke them all. 

I will! Thank you!