sow wax melts

AmyLinton

I am a former soy candle maker,  just have not done it in a few years. I am getting ready to start making soy wax melts. I made them previously as well.  Just need a starting point as to what melts in a warmer with a 25watt bulb (like a scentsy burner,  I will eventually have my own burners to offer,  just curious on the store bought warmers and if they actually melt the soy wax)  I am toying with the idea of using this type of wax. AAK (formerly Golden Brands) Soy Tart & Melt Wax also known as 494 wax. I know when I previously made them, I used straight soy and unless I was using a tealight to melt wax, bulbs weren't  hot enough to give complete melt pool and scent throw was pretty much nothing ( not due to strength of oils) I used most oils from ky candle supply at the time and blue grass so all oils were awesome.  

Edited by AmyLinton

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 10:04 AM, Karen Ov said:

Do you find that the 464 is to soft for molds and shapes?. I would like to make some in molds but not to sure if it works.  

464 only works for shot cups It wont work in clamshells either it's to soft of a wax

• 3 months later...
On 10/23/2019 at 10:04 AM, Karen Ov said:

Do you find that the 464 is to soft for molds and shapes?. I would like to make some in molds but not to sure if it works. 

I use GB 464 for all my tarts. If I add to much FO is the only time I have a problem of it not releasing from the cup I use.

Edited by TallPineCandles