Wax melters

candleco4w

1 minute ago, candleco4w said:

Different scents each run. 

I should have been more clear..80+ of the same scent? If so I’d be inclined scent the main tank and do them in one go, especially if coloring. 

in the big prestos, I can fit enough wax for 30 tins. This can be easily scented and colored then transferred to pour pots to get to my ideal pouring temp. I line up 3 at a time and finish quickly. My water jacket melter takes a while to get up to temp.  The jacket melter is a rectangle, separated in the middle for two different wax batches. I’ve had a direct heat round and disliked it for the hot spots, but it did hold 100 lbs which was a plus. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Love my water jacketed melters...I leave it plugged in and running all the time, so wax stays melted and ready. Probably cycle through 1-2 refills per week. We’ve started doing more institutional business, so bought a larger melter for melting wax, and a “smaller” one for mixing and pouring batches. Then for super small batches (6-12 units), pour and mix into a pouring pot. 

still use the good ole presto pot for testing wax blends though. Can’t beat the ease of use!