Jump to content
GailC

Help! Talk me down from going to Nature's Garden.

Recommended Posts

IMG_1680.thumb.jpg.50d0054152504a3b9c9a1d5add0061e9.jpg

 

My daughter and I are going on a little trip and I decided to make a 4 hour drive from where we'll be to Nature's Garden, because I LOVE that place.  Some of you may recall, I went there a couple of years ago, but they closed at 5:00 and we got there at 4:15.  So I didn't have time to do it justice.  So much to smell, so little time.  This time we are getting a hotel close to there the night before and I will have the day to go smell to my heart's content.  

 

But last night, I pulled out all my Nature's Garden FO's to see what I needed to restock, and realized that I REALLY don't need to go to Nature's Garden.  :) I mean, besides all these, I have a ton of other FO's from Aztec and Candlewic and FB and Rustic Escentuals and Candlescience and Mill Creek and the Candlemaker's Store and the list goes on.

 

I'm trying to think of the pluses:  1.My daughter is buying me some FO's for Christmas (I'm going to give her a list to choose from once I smell to my heart's content).  2. All that mileage will help on business expenses.  3. It will make me happy.

 

That's all I got.  :) 

 

Minuses: 1. It's a 4 hour drive from where we'll be.  2. I have more fragrance oil now than I could use up in years probably.

 

So tell me to be reasonable.  :) 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welllll.....4 hours really isn't that close and you'll pretty much lose a whole day going there, sniffing, and getting back.  Plus you really don't need any FO's.....
and that's all I've got.  LOL
 

I live within 4 hours of 3-4 different suppliers (maybe more, IDK) and I've never been to any of them.  I don't need that kind of temptation in my life.  

 

And while I've got you here, how's that Christmas Cabin FO I see on the far left of the pic?  😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one on the plus side.  You can sell me some of your stash :)   Oh, wait, was I supposed to talk you down ?  Lol

 

Edited by franu61
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bfroberts said:

Welllll.....4 hours really isn't that close and you'll pretty much lose a whole day going there, sniffing, and getting back.  Plus you really don't need any FO's.....
and that's all I've got.  LOL
 

I live within 4 hours of 3-4 different suppliers (maybe more, IDK) and I've never been to any of them.  I don't need that kind of temptation in my life.  

 

And while I've got you here, how's that Christmas Cabin FO I see on the far left of the pic?  😀

 

I had a potential customer who asked for very specific fragrances similar to some a Candle company sells.  One was Cabin Getaway.  So I looked on NG's site and found that Christmas Cabin sounded very similar.  My new customer loved it, said it is her favorite, and it has sold pretty well.  It has the tree smell but not overwhelmingly so.  You can also smell the fruit.  By calling it Cabin Getaway, I can sell it all year round.

 

By the way, I was so fortunate to find almost all the fragrances she wanted at NG.  And she liked them all even though I don't.  Brown Sugar & Fig and Lavender Sage.  She has become a regular customer and buys several candles at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, franu61 said:

Another one on the plus side.  You can sell me some of your stash :)   Oh, wait, was I supposed to talk you down ?  Lol

 

 

You know in my heart, I don't want to be talked down.  :D 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GailC said:

 

I had a potential customer who asked for very specific fragrances similar to some a Candle company sells.  One was Cabin Getaway.  So I looked on NG's site and found that Christmas Cabin sounded very similar.  My new customer loved it, said it is her favorite, and it has sold pretty well.  It has the tree smell but not overwhelmingly so.  You can also smell the fruit.  By calling it Cabin Getaway, I can sell it all year round.

 

By the way, I was so fortunate to find almost all the fragrances she wanted at NG.  And she liked them all even though I don't.  Brown Sugar & Fig and Lavender Sage.  She has become a regular customer and buys several candles at a time.


Thank you.  I think I'll give it a whirl.  Anything  "cabiny" sells good here.

 

36 minutes ago, GailC said:

 

You know in my heart, I don't want to be talked down.  :D 

 

 

 

In that case, look at it like this.
I just finished testing the new CS scents.  The one I liked the most was Peppercorn Pomander.  That was the one I was least interested in.  If it hadn't been .99 I never would have even considered trying it.  Ended up absolutely loving it, and ordered a big bottle.  Sooo....you just never know til you sniff them.  You may be missing out on something you can't live without. Just go, sniff everything, and come back and tell us what we are missing.  It'll be like a public service. 😉

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, franu61 said:

Another one on the plus side.  You can sell me some of your stash :)   Oh, wait, was I supposed to talk you down ?  Lol

 

 

That was my idea! Lol!!

 

Gail, the 4 hour drive would deter me, but you sound pretty excited about the trip. Why deny yourself that happiness? It's not like you go there all the time. 

Have you used their Napa Valley fragrance? I've been burning that one recently, it's beautiful!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

 

That was my idea! Lol!!

 

Gail, the 4 hour drive would deter me, but you sound pretty excited about the trip. Why deny yourself that happiness? It's not like you go there all the time. 

Have you used their Napa Valley fragrance? I've been burning that one recently, it's beautiful!

 

I haven't tried that one.  I'll put it on my list of scents to smell.  Thanks!

 

You're right; I had a pretty miserable summer healthwise,  but I am  better now and should go while I feel good and have the time and money.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too say go for it.   I want to go there some day.   I'm only about 2 hours away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A year ago I'd have joined you there!  Now that I only have a handful of fo's in addition to my essential oils, I feel a huge weight lifted and have saved so much $$.  I don't sell anymore so for me it's not an issue to just have a few.  So if you really want to stay away, just think about the $ you'll save for Christmas, etc.🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shari said:

I too say go for it.   I want to go there some day.   I'm only about 2 hours away.

 

Oh man you should go!  Only 2 hours.  I'm about 2 1/2 hours away from The Candlemaker's store, but I don't like their oils as well and the 'store' is in the warehouse.  They have lots of samples to sniff but if I like a scent I have to write it down and order online when I get home.  They have wicks and other supplies you can buy on site plus their $9.99 specials.  I've bought some of those, then regretted it usually. I went there a few weeks ago, but didn't know the store was closed on Mondays so I couldn't sniff anything.  The guy did give me 4 free one ounce samples in sympathy though.  :) 

 

Nature's Garden is a bright, clean store in Amish country.  I can sniff to my heart's content then buy the 16 oz bottles I decide on.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

A year ago I'd have joined you there!  Now that I only have a handful of fo's in addition to my essential oils, I feel a huge weight lifted and have saved so much $$.  I don't sell anymore so for me it's not an issue to just have a few.  So if you really want to stay away, just think about the $ you'll save for Christmas, etc.🤣

 

Good for you to sticking to just a few FO's.  I'm just not that disciplined.  :) 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone told me recently — you came to the wrong forum to be talked outta that trip babe!  And @bfroberts - have to totally agree with new CS fragrance peppercorn pomm was my “after thought” and was my fav burning!  Peppermint Mocha (replacement for Peppermint Bark) isn’t my jam — now I need to search a good peppermint bark...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 5:08 PM, Sarah S said:

 

That was my idea! Lol!!

 

Gail, the 4 hour drive would deter me, but you sound pretty excited about the trip. Why deny yourself that happiness? It's not like you go there all the time. 

Have you used their Napa Valley fragrance? I've been burning that one recently, it's beautiful!

I couldn’t agree with you more @Sarah S NG Nappy Valley Harvest Type is so great!  It has a strong scent throw in parasoy too!  😇🙌🏼

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GailC I remember that.... It feels like it was just yesterday!   Goooooo!!! Have a BLAST!  If

I know what day your going I might be able to stop in and say hello.  😇.  Sadly they now close at 4 pm.  I think I told you before that they are only about 15 minutes from my house.  If your going to be in Ohio you can also stop by Wholesale Supplies Plus.  They have a sister store that you can actually go into the store and smell just like at NG.  Although they are way pricier!  Some are must haves for me!  If you'd like that info just LMK.   

 

I'm really excited to see what ones you like the most!  If you give me a generalized idea of the kind of scents your after this go round I can help with some suggestions.  I have probably close to 130 (ish) different oils from them.  So trust me... I feel your pain about not needing anymore but I keep on buying!  😬😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Marleigha said:

@GailC I remember that.... It feels like it was just yesterday!   Goooooo!!! Have a BLAST!  If

I know what day your going I might be able to stop in and say hello.  😇.  Sadly they now close at 4 pm.  I think I told you before that they are only about 15 minutes from my house.  If your going to be in Ohio you can also stop by Wholesale Supplies Plus.  They have a sister store that you can actually go into the store and smell just like at NG.  Although they are way pricier!  Some are must haves for me!  If you'd like that info just LMK.   

 

I'm really excited to see what ones you like the most!  If you give me a generalized idea of the kind of scents your after this go round I can help with some suggestions.  I have probably close to 130 (ish) different oils from them.  So trust me... I feel your pain about not needing anymore but I keep on buying!  😬😂

 

It would be great to meet you! We will be there Monday sometime in the morning.  I saw that they close at 4:00 now but that's OK because we're staying in Ashland and will have the whole day to sniff, sniff, sniff.  The lady there last time said that sometimes customers sniff for awhile then take a break and go eat lunch then come back and sniff some more.  We may do that.  :) 

 

I have a list of what I want to smell, like last time.  This time I'll be able to do it justice because I won't be rushed.  I will try to stay away from spring/summer scents because I already have so, so many I need to use.  May smell some for future reference though.  I do need to restock Aloe & White Lilac.  

 

I want to smell the apples and pumpkins because I just did a very successful fundraiser and the lady wants to do another one next fall with just fall scents.  They sold lots and lots of Pumpkin and Apple and she wants even more candles next year.  It's someone I know so I'm pretty sure she'll follow through.  I used NG's Apple Cinnamon for one of my apple scents.  I may get a couple more of those.

 

Want to smell the different Cinnamons too because those sold well too.  Some scents I want to smell to compare with the same scent I have from another supplier.

 

I envy you being only 15 minutes away!  But even if I was too, I would still have to buy my favorites online from other suppliers.  That's why I should stop adding more suppliers.  Like my most recent one,  Bitter Creek.  But now that I've tried their Pumpkin Cheesecake,  I will have to order from them again sometime.  :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohhh okay.  I have an appointment at 11:30 so I might get a chance to run there after tomorrow so we shall see.  Hopefully we will get the chance to meet.  🙌🏼
 

That’s awesome that you have someone who wants to order lots and lots of candles from you and especially for a fundraiser!  Congrats!  
 

Okay, so for NG.... The pumpkin apple butter and the apple dumpling is WOWWW!!! Those 2 for sure but the pumpkin eggnog once the heat hits it, it morphs into such a nice creamy pumpkin nog.  Soooo great!  Also their apple butter caramel is nice!  Then the regular eggnog I use as a blender mostly but it’s not your basic vanilla it adds depth and such a nice touch to fruit blends as well as hot chocolate and pumpkin/apple/cinnamon stuff.  Then don’t forget to check their Candy cane!!! It’s wayyy better in wax then any peppermint I’ve tried including the NG peppermint.  Well I do like purely peppermint from Peak too.  Ohhh wait one more.  Lol I sound like a FO addict!  😂😂😂. Pumpkin Walnut Biscotti is a great surprise!  OOB is kinda has a touch of an almond or cherry kind of smell but nope... gotta try that one too!  Chocolate Orchid isn’t specifically a fall/winter but it is listed under fall scents.  OOB it’s a really pretty lighter scent but in wax it comes alive and it’s soooo good!  Then Christmas Cookies is great too!  I’ve not put Christmas Cabin in wax yet but I love it OOB!  

 

Oh yes, me being 15 minutes away from them is definitely nice, but I still order from about 10 other suppliers fairly regularly.  It’s sick!  LOL Now I understand the addiction to buying them.
 

Anyways, lmk if there’s anything in particular you are looking for and I can give you more.  And HAPPY SNIFFING!!!  🙌🏼😇 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would never have tried "chocolate orchid" but your praise might do me in. 

 

Their cinnamon red hots is really good.  To me it's not as much candy-sweet as I thought it would be, but it's also not a straight up cinnamon.  I think I'd still like a different cinnamon and maybe something like a cinnamon broom that seems like it would have some woody notes.  But I mixed NG's cinnamon red hots with another suppliers Applejack & Peel and gave it to a friend, and she absolutely loves it (I do too).

 

I've bought multiple bottles of their Cracklin' Birch too.  It's almost a fresh-outdoorsy-perfumey-cleaner scent.  That's not to say it's bad; it's just not really a natural outdoors scent.  In fact several of theirs has seemed "perfumey" to me, but not in a bad "overly chemical" way.  Fountain of Youth was like that, but I still loved it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 6:13 AM, Marleigha said:

Ohhh okay.  I have an appointment at 11:30 so I might get a chance to run there after tomorrow so we shall see.  Hopefully we will get the chance to meet.  🙌🏼
 

That’s awesome that you have someone who wants to order lots and lots of candles from you and especially for a fundraiser!  Congrats!  
 

Okay, so for NG.... The pumpkin apple butter and the apple dumpling is WOWWW!!! Those 2 for sure but the pumpkin eggnog once the heat hits it, it morphs into such a nice creamy pumpkin nog.  Soooo great!  Also their apple butter caramel is nice!  Then the regular eggnog I use as a blender mostly but it’s not your basic vanilla it adds depth and such a nice touch to fruit blends as well as hot chocolate and pumpkin/apple/cinnamon stuff.  Then don’t forget to check their Candy cane!!! It’s wayyy better in wax then any peppermint I’ve tried including the NG peppermint.  Well I do like purely peppermint from Peak too.  Ohhh wait one more.  Lol I sound like a FO addict!  😂😂😂. Pumpkin Walnut Biscotti is a great surprise!  OOB is kinda has a touch of an almond or cherry kind of smell but nope... gotta try that one too!  Chocolate Orchid isn’t specifically a fall/winter but it is listed under fall scents.  OOB it’s a really pretty lighter scent but in wax it comes alive and it’s soooo good!  Then Christmas Cookies is great too!  I’ve not put Christmas Cabin in wax yet but I love it OOB!  

 

Oh yes, me being 15 minutes away from them is definitely nice, but I still order from about 10 other suppliers fairly regularly.  It’s sick!  LOL Now I understand the addiction to buying them.
 

Anyways, lmk if there’s anything in particular you are looking for and I can give you more.  And HAPPY SNIFFING!!!  🙌🏼😇 

 

Sorry it didn't work out for us to meet.  Actually I forgot to check on this forum to see if you were coming.  Should have gotten your phone number.

 

I smelled all the pumpkins you mentioned ( except Pumpkin Walnut Biscotti) but the one I liked best OOB were Pumpkin Crunch Cake and Pumpkin Cheesecake.  I didn't get either because I have so many pumpkins, but I put them on my Christmas list for my daughter to pick from.  

 

I did like the Apple Dumpling but also liked Apple Cinnamon Streusel which I bought.  Hot Baked Apple Pie is on my Christmas list.

 

I already have the Candy Cane.

 

I did limit myself but it was hard.  I only got one spring/summer scent and it was a restock.  I have so many FO's for the warmer months and don't sell nearly as many of those. I put Denim on my Christmas list.  I like the name and the fragrance OOB  Oh, and I really hope I get Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies for Christmas.  Once again, I like the name and the scent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Darbla said:

I would never have tried "chocolate orchid" but your praise might do me in. 

 

Their cinnamon red hots is really good.  To me it's not as much candy-sweet as I thought it would be, but it's also not a straight up cinnamon.  I think I'd still like a different cinnamon and maybe something like a cinnamon broom that seems like it would have some woody notes.  But I mixed NG's cinnamon red hots with another suppliers Applejack & Peel and gave it to a friend, and she absolutely loves it (I do too).

 

I've bought multiple bottles of their Cracklin' Birch too.  It's almost a fresh-outdoorsy-perfumey-cleaner scent.  That's not to say it's bad; it's just not really a natural outdoors scent.  In fact several of theirs has seemed "perfumey" to me, but not in a bad "overly chemical" way.  Fountain of Youth was like that, but I still loved it.

 

Cinnamon yum yums is on my Christmas list.  Really strong cinnamon.  That's the Cinnamon Red Hots you're talking about right?  One of my best selling Cinnamons is Cinnamon Broom from Fragrance Buddy.  

 

I smelled Cracklin Birch because so many on here seem to like it, but it's just not my kind of fragrance.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GailC said:

 

Cinnamon yum yums is on my Christmas list.  Really strong cinnamon.  That's the Cinnamon Red Hots you're talking about right?  One of my best selling Cinnamons is Cinnamon Broom from Fragrance Buddy.  

 

I smelled Cracklin Birch because so many on here seem to like it, but it's just not my kind of fragrance.  

Cracklin' Birch is one of my best sellers, which surprised me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 4:57 PM, GailC said:

 

Sorry it didn't work out for us to meet.  Actually I forgot to check on this forum to see if you were coming.  Should have gotten your phone number.

 

I smelled all the pumpkins you mentioned ( except Pumpkin Walnut Biscotti) but the one I liked best OOB were Pumpkin Crunch Cake and Pumpkin Cheesecake.  I didn't get either because I have so many pumpkins, but I put them on my Christmas list for my daughter to pick from.  

 

I did like the Apple Dumpling but also liked Apple Cinnamon Streusel which I bought.  Hot Baked Apple Pie is on my Christmas list.

 

I already have the Candy Cane.

 

I did limit myself but it was hard.  I only got one spring/summer scent and it was a restock.  I have so many FO's for the warmer months and don't sell nearly as many of those. I put Denim on my Christmas list.  I like the name and the fragrance OOB  Oh, and I really hope I get Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies for Christmas.  Once again, I like the name and the scent.

I know.  😔. Would have been great.  After my appointment I had to go to my mothers house and it slipped my mind.  Yes I should have given you my number.  We will have to meet next time for sure!  😃

 

Pumpkin Crunch Cake is also a good one but once in wax it’s more like a cinnamon spice cake rather then a pumpkin.... It’s SUPER heavy on the cinnamon spice.  But good none the less.  I’ve not yet tried their Pumpkin Cheesecake or their Apple Cinnamon Streusel though.  But the Apple Dumpling is fierce and scrumdillicious!  LOL. 😂

 

Oh also what was the one Spring/summer scent that you restocked?  Anyways so glad to hear you enjoyed your time there!  Even though I’m a hop skip and a jump away, I still love going there and sniffing oils.  😇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marleigha said:

I know.  😔. Would have been great.  After my appointment I had to go to my mothers house and it slipped my mind.  Yes I should have given you my number.  We will have to meet next time for sure!  😃

 

Pumpkin Crunch Cake is also a good one but once in wax it’s more like a cinnamon spice cake rather then a pumpkin.... It’s SUPER heavy on the cinnamon spice.  But good none the less.  I’ve not yet tried their Pumpkin Cheesecake or their Apple Cinnamon Streusel though.  But the Apple Dumpling is fierce and scrumdillicious!  LOL. 😂

 

Oh also what was the one Spring/summer scent that you restocked?  Anyways so glad to hear you enjoyed your time there!  Even though I’m a hop skip and a jump away, I still love going there and sniffing oils.  😇

 

Aloe & White Lilac was the spring/summer scent I restocked.  Probably should have restocked Water Lily & Jasmine too, but I want to use up some of the fragrance oils I didn't even get around to last spring and summer. 

 

Apple Dumpling was their monthly special a couple of months ago, but didn't order anything from them that month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...