Problem with coconut wax easy beads

candlesinflorida

Just got two cases and the “easy beads” have turned to “difficult lumps”. It looks like maybe ups left the boxes in the sun/heat and everything melted. I can deal with that, but the boxes also seem a little extra “sweaty” inside. It is mostly on the inside, so I don’t think rain got in. I just think the heat got to the beads.

Are these ok to use? I tried some samples and it is hard to tell. 
One thing I do know is that it is really hard to keep digging at them, but not sure if I have any recourse with the seller since it is (the end of) summer.

Easy beads have never been “beady” IME.  The earliest cases were lumps. There’s a pic somewhere here. 

my latest (2018) cases were more like thick flakes, but still pretty much stuck together. the wax itself is pretty greasy in both sets of shipments, 

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2019 at 10:21 AM, TallTayl said:

Easy beads have never been “beady” IME.  The earliest cases were lumps. There’s a pic somewhere here. 

my latest (2018) cases were more like thick flakes, but still pretty much stuck together. the wax itself is pretty greasy in both sets of shipments, 

Im sure the coconut wax we get up here is Easy Beads...our local suppliers won't say that, but it looks the same and mine came in like you say TT..thick greasy flakes.  Nothing like soy flakes... but it did seem to work pretty good for me (in my limited experience with it).

• Like 1