Lonestar Leather

Sebleo

Has anyone noticed a change?  My air fresheners aren’t lasting as long as they did last year with this scent. And the candles I’m making smell off. Can’t put my finger on it. @Belinda have you noticed anything? Not sure if it is weaker or just different. 

On 10/5/2019 at 12:05 AM, Sebleo said:

Has anyone noticed a change?  My air fresheners aren’t lasting as long as they did last year with this scent. And the candles I’m making smell off. Can’t put my finger on it. @Belinda have you noticed anything? Not sure if it is weaker or just different. 

Yes! I thought it was just me but my leather fresheners don't seem to be lasting as long or smelling as strong either. I've noticed it with Texas Candle Supply's leather too. 

56 minutes ago, Belinda said:

Yes! I thought it was just me but my leather fresheners don't seem to be lasting as long or smelling as strong either. I've noticed it with Texas Candle Supply's leather too. 

It may be the reformulations. Is it just strength to you or are the notes different?

On 10/7/2019 at 9:22 PM, Sebleo said:

It may be the reformulations. Is it just strength to you or are the notes different?

It seems to be just strength to me as well as the one from Texas Candle Supply. I'll go check later when I'm not nauseated. Apparently I have contacted a stomach bug which isn't shocking since I work at a school LOL!

After y’alls conversation about LS leather — i couldn’t stand to wait and poured it at 10%. Since I want STRONG....at this point, all I’m noticing is it doesn’t appear to be melding with my wax as well as all other fragrances. (And i agree the scent isn’t as strong as I thought it would be...altho I’ve poured 6.5 dozen candles the last couple of days and think my smeller is a goner). All I can smell anywhere in my house is a mix of everything I’ve been pouring 😂

On 10/16/2019 at 12:34 PM, The Candle Nook said:

After y’alls conversation about LS leather — i couldn’t stand to wait and poured it at 10%. Since I want STRONG....at this point, all I’m noticing is it doesn’t appear to be melding with my wax as well as all other fragrances. (And i agree the scent isn’t as strong as I thought it would be...altho I’ve poured 6.5 dozen candles the last couple of days and think my smeller is a goner). All I can smell anywhere in my house is a mix of everything I’ve been pouring 😂

That will definitely happen when pouring multiple scents!  It is much lighter in my air fresheners. I’m just getting back into candle making, so I can’t compare in a candle. But, it is one of the 10 scents I used when testing out wicks and I wasn’t impressed with it compared to the other scents I’m using. It definitely doesn’t fill a large space like the others did. 

I will be pouring wax melts the last week of this month. I plan to make some with this leather. Then I will definitely know whether I will be sticking with Lonestar on this fragrance. 

My guess is that the fragrance is weaker. I’ve noticed it with a couple of their oils. It’s not just Lonestar- I’m sure it’s all these reformulations industry wide. Which will keep us constantly supplier hopping and sample buying. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cjrig said:

I use it to make room sprays and it is usually my number one seller.  I noticed that it keeps separating and is too heavy to spray.  There is definitely something going on.

Have  you noticed a change in the strength? Maybe we should all contact LS and ask what's going on. We surely can't be the only ones that have noticed. I've noticed the one from Texas Candle Supply being different too and also the one from The Candle Source. That's the first one I really noticed smelling different but I noticed Texas smelling light first. I thought it was just me.  

I don't order from The Candle Source or Texas Candle Supply so I can't say about them.  Maybe they all get their oils from the same company.  Yes, I do feel it is lighter but then I have always had a problem with leather being too light for my liking.  I mixed up a fresh batch today of room sprays to make sure and it did the same thing.  Very heavy and separated. In fact, as I am pouring the fo, I can tell it is too heavy.  I use Polysorbate 20 with it and have never had a problem.  Mixed up another batch of a different fragrance oil to make sure I just wasn't losing my mind and it is normal.  I think I am going to call Lone Star on Monday.  I had ordered 6 ~ 16 oz bottles and have been thru now the 4th one.  All the same story.

3 hours ago, cjrig said:

I don't order from The Candle Source or Texas Candle Supply so I can't say about them.  Maybe they all get their oils from the same company.  Yes, I do feel it is lighter but then I have always had a problem with leather being too light for my liking.  I mixed up a fresh batch today of room sprays to make sure and it did the same thing.  Very heavy and separated. In fact, as I am pouring the fo, I can tell it is too heavy.  I use Polysorbate 20 with it and have never had a problem.  Mixed up another batch of a different fragrance oil to make sure I just wasn't losing my mind and it is normal.  I think I am going to call Lone Star on Monday.  I had ordered 6 ~ 16 oz bottles and have been thru now the 4th one.  All the same story.

Let us know what you find out please. I have a brand new bottle but I haven't opened it yet. I may try to do that and see how it is.

I talked to Lone Star today. They said that they have not had any complaints about the Leather except that it takes longer for the aroma beads to soak it up. She had me send an email with the ingredients and process that I use and was going to call the manufacturer. If I hear anything, I will let you know.  Wasn't much help. She just kept telling me she wasn't familiar with Polysorbate 20,  since they don't sell it, and that the leather has always been a heavier fragrance oil and nothing has changed in the formulation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Candle Nook said:

Hmmm. I believe the candle I poured is WAY weaker than I thought it would be. Did you ask Lonestar about phthalates

@cjrig? I didn’t look specifically to see if they were commenting on removal in their fo. That can really mess with a fragrance. 

It has been phthalate free ever since I’ve been ordering it. So, it has to be something else. 

• Like 2