Melts Question

ozzie

I've made hundreds of melts and never had any negative issues using Parasoy 600 Problend. But the wax didn't harden in my last two batches. Should I have left them open longer ...admittedly, I closed the lids and stacked them sooner than normal, but I've done that before and I didn't have any trouble with wax sticking to the molds.

I don't use Parasoy, but I've never experience a wax melt not hardening because I closed a lid too quickly--it's temperature dependent.  Was this a new batch of wax perhaps?  Is there any way, you could have grabbed a wrong box?  (If  you're like me, you have dozens of sample boxes.)

22 hours ago, KrisS said:

I don't use Parasoy, but I've never experience a wax melt not hardening because I closed a lid too quickly--it's temperature dependent.  Was this a new batch of wax perhaps?  Is there any way, you could have grabbed a wrong box?  (If  you're like me, you have dozens of sample boxes.)

It was a fresh 50lb box of wax.

Hi there

The Wax you are working with is very soft. I can’t believe you make melts with it. Yes, a new box may be different from your other lots. You will have add some harder wax to it, so it performs like you are used to. Also maybe you added too much fragrance oil and softened the wax too much.

Hey Ozzie, I have been working with Pro 600 and Pro 650 and like NightLight mentioned, Pro 600 is a bit to soft if used alone for wax melts. I know you've made hundreds, but are you sure it wasn't with Pro 650? Pro 650 is specifically for votives and melts. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 1:48 PM, Wax Addict said:

Hey Ozzie, I have been working with Pro 600 and Pro 650 and like NightLight mentioned, Pro 600 is a bit to soft if used alone for wax melts. I know you've made hundreds, but are you sure it wasn't with Pro 650? Pro 650 is specifically for votives and melts. 

On 10/13/2019 at 5:05 PM, Belinda said:

I agree with Wax Addict. I've been using para/soy or all paraffin votive  or pillar wax  for years making tarts and I've never had that happen either. Maybe you accidentally used the wrong wax?

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but you are both correct.

• Thanks 1