Lab & Co Fragrance oils

Was looking at there line of fragrances and was wondering if anyone who has used them think they are really that good to justify the high dollar amount they are asking? I was thinking they are just having them made at AFI and putting a crazy markup on it. If I find one I like of theirs thats what I plan on doing. I am so glad someone posted about AFI, they have so many copied scents and don't charge anything to copy a scent you send them, only the minimum price of 10 pounds should you decide to buy , which is only 1/3 the cost from Lab & Co. :D

Essential oil and certain aroma molecules. Most candle fragrance houses probs do not use the same aroma molecules because they are cost prohibitive for the average candle maker. Many of the aroma molecules that make beautiful perfumes are also very, and I mean very expensive! When you get a dupe, it can get close but may not be spot on, if you want a certain price range.

Interested to hear about how a dupe turns out. I have bought Lab and Co and they ARE incredible-but ouch, the price.

And like all FO it is ridiculously hard to know what the scents will be like, and if you will like them, until you get them. But spending so much on a little sample size, makes me inclined NOT to buy much from them. Fyi I also have had some problems w their shipping although they took care of things nicely (once they were finally reachable lol).

edit to add-while I love two of the scents I purchased from them, the others I thought were not my cup of tea. And I have not gotten too much enthusiasm from customers. Will have to check the fragrance boards to see if there are suggestions! 

Edited by candlesinflorida
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, NightLight said:

I have not tried their fo’s as aI find their whole marketing ridiculous and their prices exorbitant.

Regarding their fragrances, they are most likely using high end molecules used in perfumery. They can get very spendy.

I get what they are going for, but yah, maybe if they did away with all the fancy packaging, they could lower their prices a bit. And it would be nice if they actually stocked their items in their warehouses since I live right next to them to lower shipping cost.  All my orders so far have been shipped to their Irvine shop, re- packaged and all labels changed to say Irvine.

• 1 month later...

For those prices I hope the quality is there.  But their terminology and names are a bunch of hooey.

This "orange blossom + fig" doesn't have fig listed in the notes at all:  https://woodenwick.com/product/orange-blossom-bouquet/

What is a "gilded rose"?  Gilded with what?  https://woodenwick.com/product/winter-garland/

And they've changed some names, and that usually happens because they got in trouble with an infringement or to increase the marketing wow.  "Gilded Rose + Spruce" was called "Winter Garland" but I guess that just wasn't pretentious enough.

No IFRA / safety info.

When you look at an FO a low-priced ($4.95, $3.95, e.g.) something shows up first, which I assume is a sample, but it won't let you add to your cart and it doesn't show up in the drop down list when you look at available options.  So something about their site isn't working right.

Some stuff sounds intriguing, and since I just make a few things for myself and gifts I'd never spend a whole lot there anyway.  But my Spidey-sense is tingling about them. 

Edited by Darbla

RA should be Royal Aromatics. I wonder, since the company is Calif. based, if part of the price associated is for materials used in production that might be illegal in that state  based on their laws. Just a thought, but at the same time, it could just be an excuse. 

I picked 10 FOs from Lab & Co that looked like I might like them. I’m thinking about ordering the 10ML size to test these. It looks like these would double the cost of my FO, but I’m OK with that if they are worth it. Any advice would be appreciated. Below is the list of FOs I chose.

LEMON VERBENA + THYME

ROSE PATCHOULI + AMBER

ORANGE RIND + CLOVE

OUD PATCHOULI + RESINS

BLOOD ORANGE + LIME AGAVE

LEMON VERBENA + THYME

BLACK CURRANT + RHUBARB

EAU DE MER + AMBER

BERGAMOT + AMBERGRIS

PINK PEPPER + VETIVER

I just got the samples I ordered From them when they were doing their post holiday FO sale.

I ordered:

• FRANKINCENSE + MYRRH - 2 oz.
  • PINK PEONY + NECTARINE - 2 oz.
  • YUZU BLOSSOMS + HINOKI - 2 oz.
  • PALO SANTO + SAGE - 2 oz.
  • SAFFRON + TOBACCO - 2 oz.
  • WHITE SANDALWOOD + SMOKE - 2 oz.
  • LILAC + MIMOSA - 2 oz.
  • CASHMERE + VANILLA - 2 oz.
  • APPLE RIND + CINNAMON - 2 oz.
  • BLACKBERRY + SAFFRON - 2 oz.***

***They screwed up and gave me Rhubarb + Saffron instead of Blackberry + Saffron. 
I’m a little annoyed because I hate the smell of rhubarb with the fire of a thousand suns but I can’t be arsed to formally complain either.

The only one I’ve put in my 464 wax is Frankincense + Myrrh  at 8% and It’s still curing. CT is weaker than I would have liked but I suspect it’s something on my end. It still smells amazing and reminds me of my favorite throwback perfume (Gap OM).

White Sandalwood + Smoke is literally the same thing as mixing at 50/50–CS’s Driftwood with Fireside. 

Cashmere + Vanilla and Saffron + Tobacco are extremely light OOB.

I do like the modern florals that I got very much as well as the earthy Palo Santo and I’m excited to see how they behave in wax.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, sarahmarah said:

I just got the samples I ordered From them when they were doing their post holiday FO sale.

Let us know how they do, I'm probably going to wait a couple of weeks before I order, maybe they'll have some spring/summer FOs by then.

On 1/3/2020 at 11:23 AM, Forrest said:

I picked 10 FOs from Lab & Co that looked like I might like them. I’m thinking about ordering the 10ML size to test these. It looks like these would double the cost of my FO, but I’m OK with that if they are worth it. Any advice would be appreciated. Below is the list of FOs I chose.

LEMON VERBENA + THYME

ROSE PATCHOULI + AMBER

ORANGE RIND + CLOVE

OUD PATCHOULI + RESINS

BLOOD ORANGE + LIME AGAVE

LEMON VERBENA + THYME

BLACK CURRANT + RHUBARB

EAU DE MER + AMBER

BERGAMOT + AMBERGRIS

PINK PEPPER + VETIVER

Bloor orange + Lime Agave smells amazing

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2020 at 6:53 PM, sarahmarah said:

I ordered:

• FRANKINCENSE + MYRRH - 2 oz.
  • PINK PEONY + NECTARINE - 2 oz.
  • YUZU BLOSSOMS + HINOKI - 2 oz.
  • PALO SANTO + SAGE - 2 oz.
  • SAFFRON + TOBACCO - 2 oz.
  • WHITE SANDALWOOD + SMOKE - 2 oz.
  • LILAC + MIMOSA - 2 oz.
  • CASHMERE + VANILLA - 2 oz.
  • APPLE RIND + CINNAMON - 2 oz.
  • BLACKBERRY + SAFFRON - 2 oz.***

***They screwed up and gave me Rhubarb + Saffron instead of Blackberry + Saffron. 
I’m a little annoyed because I hate the smell of rhubarb with the fire of a thousand suns but I can’t be arsed to formally complain either.

The only one I’ve put in my 464 wax is Frankincense + Myrrh  at 8% and It’s still curing. CT is weaker than I would have liked but I suspect it’s something on my end. It still smells amazing and reminds me of my favorite throwback perfume (Gap OM).

White Sandalwood + Smoke is literally the same thing as mixing at 50/50–CS’s Driftwood with Fireside. 

Cashmere + Vanilla and Saffron + Tobacco are extremely light OOB.

I do like the modern florals that I got very much as well as the earthy Palo Santo and I’m excited to see how they behave in wax.

I wish I had CS Fireside so I could mix the 2 to see what it smells like :( Pink Peony + Nectarine sounds really nice, do you like it ? I know Paolo Santo is popular but I have no clue what it smells like, Can you please describe ?