Jump to content
MonicaHanson

KY 143

Recommended Posts

I have been using the KY Parasoy Tart Blend and wanted to try the paraffin blend.   I thought I had ordered the KY 133 but somehow I ordered the KY 143 (10 pounds)...I am pretty new at this so I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I can use the 143 alone or mix it with another wax to make acceptable melts in a clamshell.  Fragrance oil is expensive so I thought I would ask for some advise before I waste it. The shipping on the wax was as much as the wax itself so I am hoping to use it rather than sell it and lose my money that I paid for shipping.

Edited by MonicaHanson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Monica.  :)  Always good to see new people posting.   I don't use those waxes, so I can't speak specifically as to performance.  

 

That said, if it were me, I'd math it out with a container blend to hit the 133* melt point that you're used to seeing.  No fragrance initially.  Let it cool and check the consistency without the FO.  I don't feel like most melters are hot enough to successfully work well with 143* melt points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh!  I can't believe I did that.  I think I'm just gonna try to sell it for what I paid and will just lose the shipping costs i paid.  Certainly someone in the North Dallas area will want it.  The KY 133 is out of stock (as if I'm not frustrated enough, lol) so I have ordered a 5 pound bag of problend 450.  It seems I have read here that these are the same waxes?  I liked the KY Parasoy Tart Blend but hate the cure time so thought I would try the paraffin blend.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MonicaHanson said:

Ugh!  I can't believe I did that.  I think I'm just gonna try to sell it for what I paid and will just lose the shipping costs i paid.  Certainly someone in the North Dallas area will want it.  The KY 133 is out of stock (as if I'm not frustrated enough, lol) so I have ordered a 5 pound bag of problend 450.  It seems I have read here that these are the same waxes?  I liked the KY Parasoy Tart Blend but hate the cure time so thought I would try the paraffin blend.  

 

I think you'll be pleased with the PB 450.  I've always assumed it was the same as KY133.  I can't tell any difference, and I use them interchangeably.  The 143 is a good pillar wax.  If I wasn't drowning in pillars (and waxes) ATM I'd take it off your hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's good to hear.  I've read some good things about the 133 on these forums.  If I can't find a taker for the 143 I'll try mixing it with some of the other waxes when I've got some down time (whenever that might be).  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 1:08 PM, MonicaHanson said:

That's good to hear.  I've read some good things about the 133 on these forums.  If I can't find a taker for the 143 I'll try mixing it with some of the other waxes when I've got some down time (whenever that might be).  :)

Mix the 143 with a container wax to make it softer for clams. I've used it before and have always liked it. If you don't have any container wax then use it for shapes if you have some molds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Belinda.  I've purchased some 4630 and have tried a 50/50 and 60/40 (60% 4630} so far.  Not sure how I feel about it...I was able to get the melt point down low enough for the melters with the  60/40  mix but they don't want to pop out of the clamshells.  I'll give it a try with some silicon molds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MonicaHanson said:

Thanks, Belinda.  I've purchased some 4630 and have tried a 50/50 and 60/40 (60% 4630} so far.  Not sure how I feel about it...I was able to get the melt point down low enough for the melters with the  60/40  mix but they don't want to pop out of the clamshells.  I'll give it a try with some silicon molds.

I have a terrible time getting certain wax blends to pop out too. The one that does the easiest is either KY para/soy tart wax or The Candle Source tart wax which I love but shipping is too high to me. It's all paraffin and pops out great. When I blend 4794 with KY it pops out and also 4625/6006 pops out really nice. I do have a hard time when I use 4630 in the mix though. I'm not sure why that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...