Let's Talk Shipping

burnsv1

Can anyone recommend a cost effective way to ship small orders like one or 2 clamshells (even just one)?  One candle?  How does everyone handle it?  USPS can just be so brutal on packages and I'd like to get items to their destination unscathed.  Small boxes seem to cost so much to buy and extra cushioning inside is needed with them more cost).  Suggestions are appreciated.  :)

Padded FR Envelopes for Tarts/Clamshells and Regional Rate A or B for candles with lots of tissue and bubble wrap. Shipping is a royal PITA and for some reason people think it should be free to them!! Major pet peeve of mine. I sure as he** don't get free shipping on supply orders!! Ugh. LOL. Sorry.

Edited by Lizzy
typo...again
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Invest in the right sized boxes from the get go.  Anything under 1# can ship first class. Ensure enough padding around glass and breakables.

for flat items a box inside a padded envelope keeps the stuff from crushing. 

GoShippo is another alternative to PirateSip that I’ve used since it launched as a non-subscription shipping option. Click and ship on USPS is competitive also. Though it does not offer first class services. 

Shipping product can be very lucrative.  Build your pricing structures to cover the shipping materials and time. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree about the regional rate boxes from USPS.  You do have to print your own shipping label and pay online with them.  Also they did away with the C which was the biggest box. You also get a break on any priority with USPS if you print your own thru their Click & Ship. Don't think that any of the other carriers handle packages any better or safer.  At UPS a FRAGILE sticker means throw it 5' instead of 7', they laugh at them.  Very heavy, I've found Fedex to be most competitive if you open an acct and pay online.  Just be sure to package safely and you shouldn't have problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1