To color or not to color

Forrest

Didn’t hurt my sales to color one tiny bit (quitenthe opposite with my particular crowd).  I color to help me quickly ID the scent prior to labeling, and when in the quick loading display crates. It’s super helpful when doing inventory too. 

Some thematic scents just scream to be colored, and my people expect it. 

• Thanks 1

I took a poll of candle customers, giving them three options.  I asked if they preferred colored, uncolored, or had no preference.

The vast majority said they preferred colored or had no preference.  Those who wanted uncolored were in the minority.

That being said, I don't sell tins - I use glass jars.  I often get remarks at shows that people love my colorful display of candles.

Personally, I'm drawn to color.  It's an important factor for me.

• Like 3

Then to play devil's advocate, there are those who want neutral colors (no dye) because it seems more natural, or because uncolored fits in with their decor better.  

If I have a candle that doesn't fit in with my decor, I just burn it inside a pretty crock that does match my home!  :)

• Like 1

OK, @iansmommaya, after reading your post, I am forced to admit that I use the word "decor" very loosely.  My scheme is no scheme.  If I like it, I have it.  If I don't like it, it's not here.  Wait...I know!  Let's call my style "eclectic," because that sounds way cooler than "random"  or "totally haphazard."

An acquaintance once remarked that the more intelligent her friends were, the worse they were at decorating.  By that measuring stick, my IQ must be on par with Einstein's.

Edited by Crafty1_AJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Crafty1_AJ said:

OK, @iansmommaya, after reading your post, I am forced to admit that I use the word "decor" very loosely.  My scheme is no scheme.  If I like it, I have it.  If I don't like it, it's not here.  Wait...I know!  Let's call my style "eclectic," because that sounds way cooler than "random"  or "totally haphazard."

An acquaintance once remarked that the more intelligent her friends were, the worse they were at decorating.  By that measuring stick, my IQ must be on par with Einstein's.

Same! I am however degrees of separation from Einstein, my grampa was a neurologist and someone on the Manhattan project had some mysterious neurological disorder his patient who worked with Einstein on the Manhattan Project and Grampa became acquainted with him.

Edited by iansmommaya
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2019 at 11:16 AM, Crafty1_AJ said:

Then to play devil's advocate, there are those who want neutral colors (no dye) because it seems more natural, or because uncolored fits in with their decor better.  

If I have a candle that doesn't fit in with my decor, I just burn it inside a pretty crock that does match my home!  :)

What's a decor?

:D :P

Edited by calan