Tunneling with c3 wax

Hello all!  This is my first post on here, hoping I can find some advice!  I have been using c3 for about a year now and have loved it.  Was using HTP wicks with no problems, until a few months ago I started noticing that my candles were tunneling on every single candle.  So frustrating!  I know that generally means I need a bigger wick, but even when I went all the way up in every possible size, I keep getting the same results.  I am just totally at a loss of what to do!  I am trying the CD wicks now, I usually use a 9 oz straight sided jar (width of 2.5") and a tumbler (width of 2.8")  The tumblers give me the most trouble, but now I am starting to see it happen in the smaller jars too. Any help is appreciated!

C3 is not immune to bad batches.  It could have too much of whatever additives and emulsifiers they use in the formula. Happened to me many times over the decade I used it too.

I keep on hand some midwest soy wax to help tame C3, c1, 444 and others that are sometimes a bit too difficult to burn. Midwest is a naked soy (has no additives), and has (touches wood) been very consistent. 

If the wax is struggling to burn with giant wicks, Sometimes as little as 10%, or 20% makes all the difference. 

If the wax feels wet (like a few batches of 444 and 415) opening the wax and allowing to air dry in a super arid area helped a lot. 

• Like 1