Soy embeds

My wife is currently practicing with her desert looking candles with a base of Coconut 83. She is going to be making the whipped wax and doing fruit and cookie embeds. Is there a soy wax that you guys can recommend for the embeds that isn't discontinued? I made the mistake of telling her to order the Golden wax Melt and tart wax, then after getting it I read that it won't melt with a wick and to not use it for a candle. Or will this wax work?

• 11 months later...

I know I'm replying to an old post, but I went on a little reading adventure with "embeds" as my search to see what opinions have been about them.

I'm about to do some embeds or embellishments ... maybe some of the cookie stuff I've done before, I'm not sure yet.  I'm about to go exploring in my candle supply dungeon once I get up the courage to look for my molds.  But now I'm at the same place where you were a little time ago, maybe a little different, but similar in ways as to the wax to use, to scent or not, etc.  I know a lot of people do not scent them and some comments in another old thread advised against it, but they do sit on top of the candle, so I'm torn about that part.  Well, I'm just chatting here, trying to get up my motivation to pull out those trays & figure out some designs.

• Haha 1

As a follow-up, I've made my way out of the dungeon and have been able to refresh my memory in regard to the candy molds I stuck away.  I know I sold some of them that I wasn't using at one point, but I've got a decent stash, something to work with anyway ... funny how you can forget what you put away for yourself for use in the future, I feel as though I found something useful.  I have little swirly candy/cookies, simple pine trees, Christmas trees, candy canes, wreaths, bells, reindeer, clam shells, sand dollars, bows, stars, hearts, other stuff, and the state of Texas, lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, birdcharm said:

As a follow-up, I've made my way out of the dungeon and have been able to refresh my memory in regard to the candy molds I stuck away.  I know I sold some of them that I wasn't using at one point, but I've got a decent stash, something to work with anyway ... funny how you can forget what you put away for yourself for use in the future, I feel as though I found something useful.  I have little swirly candy/cookies, simple pine trees, Christmas trees, candy canes, wreaths, bells, reindeer, clam shells, sand dollars, bows, stars, hearts, other stuff, and the state of Texas, lol.

The "dungeon", LOL, sounds like it's fun down there with all those wonderful molds. I'll be the first to admit, I'm a scent and mold junkie. 😄

• Like 1