Help Identifying Strange Paraffin?

Story Time:

I recently ordered 4625 from a different supplier than I usually order from and received a case of paraffin wax. I started making things as usual, though something seemed a little... Off?... about it. The texture was slightly softer, still brittle and needed a hammer just like 4625, but as someone who works with 4625 a lot I could tell right away that this seemed different. I shrugged it off and got to work. My wax melts started coming out completely different. I have been testing a blend with 464 and they are usually creamy yet matte, beautiful, perfect consistency. These new ones were glossy, shiny, frosted, and cracking, even seeping fragrance. They looked horrible. I contacted 3 different distributors to ask about it, none of them had anything useful to say. I decided to try making votives, which I had never made before, to see what would happen. I used 6% fragrance because I know that is the max for 4625. They came out completely mottled and seeping fragrance. Now, I'm not entirely upset. I've always wanted to try making mottled candles as I love the way they look. The cold and hot throw of these little buggers is quite surprising too. I will probably keep making things with this wax.

The problem is, I don't know what this wax is. I definitely don't think this is 4625. It shouldn't have mottled if it were. It just seems like a straight paraffin. But then what kind is it? I know they have different melt-points and whatnot. And no, the supplier doesn't know. They tried to say it was because of the 464 that I was having different results lol. Any thoughts are much appreciated. 

Oh I almost forgot to add, I blended it with 4630 and all the appearance problems disappeared. 

IMG_20190818_224219812_HDR.thumb.jpg.0e74a2f94e8b3f127aeeea102d1faeda.jpg

Here's one of my parasoy cute seashell wax melts. The shininess is glitter lol. 

IMG_20190818_224247511_HDR.thumb.jpg.be2d5c70c12f2eee43dc8e298ccd8c38.jpg

Here is one with the new "4625". 

IMG_20190903_103555340.thumb.jpg.aea0830f1cd72cde534ae397ff7d63a5.jpg

Here is the votive. 

I had this same problem with Virginia Candle Supply as well as someone else.  They are sending mottling wax when customers are ordering 4625.  They must throw all of the slabs together when they get a shipment and maybe forgets once they label?  Either way, me and the other nice lady got a refund from them when they did this, it is the suppliers mistake.

Edited by lovelyscents

Just now, lovelyscents said:

I had this same problem with Virginia Candle Supply as well as someone else.  They are sending mottling wax when customers are ordering 4625.  They must throw all of the slabs together when they get a shipment and maybe forgets once they label?  Either way, me and the other nice lady got a refund from them when they did this, it is the suppliers mistake.

That is exactly where I got it from haha. 

Wow, you're the third person (including me) that they have done this to.  They need to start getting things right with this or they're going to lose customers.  At first they pretty much said I was crazy because their label says 4625 and when they "checked" the batch, it was "correct".  I wasn't going to settle with that and lose money while letting them make me feel dumb.  4625 has NEVER mottled, seeped so much oil, or looked like the insides of a wet diaper when cut into like this mottling wax did that they sent.

Edited by lovelyscents

That is basically like what happened with me but after 2 emails and then no response I called and spoke with the owner and he tried to blame it on the 464. I have since ordered a slab of 4625 from my usual supplier (Candles and Supplies) and so far it seems exactly like what I am used to. Still need to test it in my parasoy though. Did they give you a refund once you returned the remainder of the wax?