NORTHWOOD GAH!

Heads up for those of you who use coconut wax form northwood candle supply!

I received an email saying they are all out of coconut wax, they have struggled to keep it in stock in the past, and are now saying if they don’t get a confirmation date on their order they may discontinue the wax altogether. 

Also in the email they are now offering free shipping on 50.00 and over. Their coconut wax is now 25.00 for 5 lbs. Glad I stopped using it a long time ago. It may be a great wax but that price IMO crazy. 😜 

• Thanks 1

Ahh! Why! I’m so frustrated I relied on this wax but I had been having trial and error for months with other waxes and this is the only one that worked out for me. Does anyone else know or can recommend a wax really similar the the NorthWood Supply Coconut/Soy Wax Blend? 

NorthWood hasn’t heard anything from their manufacturer so now they may discontinue if they don’t get a confirmation date as to when they may receive their Coconut/Soy Wax Blend 😭 I as I’m sure many others rely on this for my business so I’m wondering because for MONTHS I trialed and errored different waxes and finally found this one that worked so well for me so I’m wondering if any of you wonderful people out there have an recommendations for a wax just like this one or similar!? I’m so upset I even cried this morning it’s so incredibly frustrating. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, MeganAbba said:

Ahh! Why! I’m so frustrated I relied on this wax but I had been having trial and error for months with other waxes and this is the only one that worked out for me. Does anyone else know or can recommend a wax really similar the the NorthWood Supply Coconut/Soy Wax Blend? 

Well if Northwoods is out or running out of the coconut wax blend then it's only a matter of time before Calif Candle Supply and Candles & Supplies run out of the coconut wax blend too because the last time I checked all 3 of them get their coconut blend from Accu-Blend in CA, the Coconut 83 wax blend. Geez, wonder what's going on now? There are other coconut waxes out there, either pure or a blend, the IGI Paracoco comes to mind. Maybe it's improved, I wasn't overly impressed with it the first time I tried it.

Update: just checked with all 3 of the suppliers I listed above and all are out of that coconut wax blend right now.

https://www.northwoodcandlesupply.com/collections/candle-wax/products/coconut-candle-wax-w-free-shipping?variant=34317731462

http://calcandlesupply.com/coconut-83-wax-all-natural-coconut-wax/

http://www.candlesandsupplies.net/Easy-Beads-Coconut-Container-Wax-Blend-per-50-lb.-Case?sc=7&category=333096

Edited by Laura C
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yes! That corporate company is out here where I’m from too I’m about to march over there lol! Thank you I’m definitely looking for a pure blend since I’m doing all natural candles, it’s so hard to find a good and even more frustrating when like you said multiple people use the same manufacturer 😑. Has anyone tried the lab and co virgins coconut/soy blend? Does that have an Paraffin Wax? 

Cal Candle Supply is due to have Coconut 83 back in tomorrow. They've been taking back-orders though, so it's hard to know what will be left when those are fulfilled. Hopefully Accu-blend are able to ramp up production.

On the subject of making your own wax, where does one start with that? I honestly never thought of that. Do I need to gather coconuts? 😀

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MeganAbba said:

Yes! That corporate company is out here where I’m from too I’m about to march over there lol! Thank you I’m definitely looking for a pure blend since I’m doing all natural candles, it’s so hard to find a good and even more frustrating when like you said multiple people use the same manufacturer 😑. Has anyone tried the lab and co virgins coconut/soy blend? Does that have an Paraffin Wax? 

Hi. I have not tried the Lab and Co wax. Since it sounds like you are on the W. coast have you tried coconut wax or oil from Swan's Candles in WA? I used their coconut wax blend years ago and liked it but the shipping was too expensive from WA to FL.

https://www.swanscandles.com/store/AllNaturalOrganicCandleWaxes.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NightLight said:

You really have to start blending your own so you won’t be at the mercy of these companies.

Yes, evidently. That's what I've been considering and have 2-3 different reliable formulas that you can switch between when supplies for one formula is out of stock. IDK. :confused:

2 hours ago, CandleBaker said:

On the subject of making your own wax, where does one start with that? I honestly never thought of that. Do I need to gather coconuts? 😀

Hey, I've got coconut trees in my yard, LOL. 🥥 I've not actually researched it but sounds like you would get a plain or straight wax of your choice such as paraffin, palm, beeswax, soy or coconut and then start adding other waxes or additives to it until you find a blend you like. It would be time consuming but worth it in the long run I guess, especially if you have a business that depends on a stable and constant supply of product.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MeganAbba said:

It does have paraffin.

2 hours ago, NightLight said:

Also the pricing for that wax is ridiculous. Formulate your own!

Yes easier said then done lol, I definitely need too but that is super time consuming and really hard and I can’t do that at the moment but yes I agree it would be nice to have my own eventually since these manufactures are a pain. 

I use lab co coconut wax and yes it has a small amt. of paraffin which I like.

HEADS UP! I just visited lab co to check in on my wax. The name has changed to coconut soy wax. It does not mention if it’s the same wax with just the name change. I took the liberty to email them to clarify so I will report back as soon as I hear.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Laura C said:

Hi. I have not tried the Lab and Co wax. Since it sounds like you are on the W. coast have you tried coconut wax or oil from Swan's Candles in WA? I used their coconut wax blend years ago and liked it but the shipping was too expensive from WA to FL.

https://www.swanscandles.com/store/AllNaturalOrganicCandleWaxes.html

I’m checking them out now there site looks kinda sketchy haha but I always go for word of mouth so I will definitely give them a call or email they have lots of choice thank you I appreciate that so much. I’m new at this so any advice helps out. 

• Like 1

Just now, CandleRush said:

The lab co wax is fantastic but I know some of you are not fond of paraffin.

I heard from someone at the company today she said their is a small amount in it like you said. I’m super bummed it looks really nice I’m just not a fan of the Paraffin, such a bummer I was so hopeful haha 

Cal Candle is out too. I guess Accublend did it again and hasn't kept up with supply. Cal Candle has changed the date at least 4 times now as to when it will be in stock. I had to get a refund a month ago for an order of 83 and still they don't have it.

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, CaptnKush said:

Cal Candle is out too. I guess Accublend did it again and hasn't kept up with supply. Cal Candle has changed the date at least 4 times now as to when it will be in stock. I had to get a refund a month ago for an order of 83 and still they don't have it.

Such a bummer I’m sorry to hear that happened to you! I hate how this company is jerking everyone around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CandleRush said:

Candles and supplies in addition to coconut wax beads, currently out of stock, carries a slab coconut wax, no paraffin but some beeswax? Someone might be able to clarify. I have not used it yet.

I guess it's been about 2 years since I ordered the coconut slab wax from C&S and at that time a person there told me that it had some beeswax in it and that's what made it different from the Easy Beads. I liked the wax just fine and it was different than Easy Beads and it had a different smell of course. The thing I didn't like about the coconut slab wax was how the beeswax or etc. made the FOs smell. The same FO in Easy Beads smelled quite a bit different in the Coconut slab wax and I preferred the scent in the Easy Beads wax.

Who knows if it still has beeswax in it or not? You would have to contact them to find out. I don't remember if both of the waxes have paraffin or not.

Edited by Laura C

Every easybeads lot I have is different.  Different consistency, color, smell, performance, wicking.  Infuriating. 

Easybeads and coco83 are supposed to be one and the same other than packaging. 

Making “a” coconut wax is easy.  Making one that is stable and performs well through different seasons is not. I made some versions over the winter that performed epically well ... until chicago summer weather came and turned the candles into something I would never consider giving away let alone selling.  It takes a bit of sciency know how and loads of testing to engineer a wax from basic raw materials. 

• Like 2