"Well-Pour" Container Blend by Wellington

Has anyone tried this parasoy from Wellington?

The description has the basic spiel about high fragrance load and color retention, etc.  However, I thought it was interesting they said Well-Pour contains "food-grade paraffin".  Is that a thing, or could that be a marketing ploy?

Also, $69.95 for a 55-lb carton is a pretty good deal, assuming shipping isn't the same price.

• 2 weeks later...

HI - Food-grade paraffin wax is very real. There are probably multiple instances of food-grade paraffin all throughout your home and car. It's been used in all sorts of products for years. (Got batteries in your home?) It is not a marketing ploy. 🙂 

What is a marketing ploy is anyone who markets a soy wax candle (or coconut wax candle) as "environmentally-friendly". Or organic. Or all-natural. Or healthy. (I've seen ALL of the bad marketing at local craft shows.)

The commercial soybean growers in my area openly joke about "Round-Up Ready Soybean Lights" (soy wax candles) they see being sold at local craft shows. They'll tell you all about the chemical pesticides and fertilizers they and other commercial soy and "veggie" farmers are putting on their acres of crops. And that's just a small part of the veg-to-wax story.

So go ahead and have fun testing food-grade paraffin wax. Wick it so it burns safely and throws a lovely scent. If you love it - use it. If you hate it, don't. 

🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Traveler said:

HI - Food-grade paraffin wax is very real. There are probably multiple instances of food-grade paraffin all throughout your home and car. It's been used in all sorts of products for years. (Got batteries in your home?) It is not a marketing ploy. 🙂 

I know what food-grade paraffin is.  I only ask what its purpose is in candle wax.  Does that make for a better wax, or does using food-grade paraffin in a candle make it seem more appealing to the consumer? Is there a difference in burn rate or hot throw between "food-grade paraffin" and regular paraffin?  How many types of candle paraffin is there?  These are the questions I am asking. But I am very aware that food grade paraffin exists lol.