Candle Science old and new FO

Since I'm ordering old favorites (that CS has chosen to change😢 so now I have to retest) I was wondering if anyone has tried (or heard anything about) their new scents:

Peppercorn PomanderPeppercorn Pomander is a peppery twist on a traditional holiday fruit fragrance. Fresh cracked peppercorn blends with orange peel and mandarin for a spiced citrus treat. Tonka bean and vanilla in the base smooth out the zesty orange notes. Black pepper, clove leaf, and orange essential oils enhance the juicy citrus and piquant spice of this realistic scent.

Tonka and Oud: Tonka and Oud is a complex, modern fragrance with high-end appeal. This woody scent begins with top notes of amaretto and powder as it gives way to a heart of tonka and balsam. Notes of rum, musk, and sweet, resinous oud make up the base of this intriguing fragrance.

Rosemary and Sage: Indulge in some aromatherapy and surround yourself in the herbal mélange of Rosemary Sage. Cooling eucalyptus and pine notes uplift fresh green florals and rosemary, while earthy sage and cedar lend this fragrance an enticing woodsy base. An infusion of fir needle, eucalyptus, and cedar leaf essential oils reinforce the botanical beauty of this scent.

Peppermint MochaOur Peppermint Mocha fragrance is a chocolatey delight for your senses. This signature drink fragrance blends decadent chocolate and peppermint into an irresistible treat. Notes of peppermint and a hint of coconut milk blend with rich chocolate and creamy vanilla.

White Currant: White Currant is a versatile fragrance with wide appeal, thanks to the alluring balance of tart and sweet. Red currant and zesty lemon peel combine with airy ozone before giving way to a botanical heart of juniper and geranium. Black currant and just a hint of peppermint in the base reinforce the tart freshness of this year-round scent.

Dulce de Leche: Dulce de Leche transforms any space into an artisanal confectionery shop filled with the warm aroma of buttery caramel. This sweet, decadent fragrance tempts your senses with notes of rich butter before giving way to a heart of luscious caramel and cream. Vanilla and tonka bean in the base reinforce the sweetness and warmth that makes Dulce de Leche such an appealing scent.

I LOVE Peppercorn Pomander. They described this one in one of their articles as "autumnal volcano" and that's pretty spot on. White Currant is awesome, not too sweet and not too tart. Tried Dulce de Leche on a whim, I do not usually like bakery scents, but it's delicious. Made me hungry!

• Like 1

Received CS order today and OOB — TOTALLY agree with @RedRoomGraduate “autumnal volcano” for the peppercorn pomander...LOVE the peppermint mocha, and find the white currant interesting and think it will be successful. Also re-designed Fresh coffee smells same and cranberry marmalade is now cranberry apple marmalade....it’s different and will know how much different once it’s in wax...stay tuned. Everything will have to cure!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 5:19 PM, The Candle Nook said:

Received CS order today and OOB — TOTALLY agree with @RedRoomGraduate “autumnal volcano” for the peppercorn pomander...LOVE the peppermint mocha, and find the white currant interesting and think it will be successful. Also re-designed Fresh coffee smells same and cranberry marmalade is now cranberry apple marmalade....it’s different and will know how much different once it’s in wax...stay tuned. Everything will have to cure!

How’s the new cranberry marmalade? Is it super apple-y or any spice? Or is it just sweet and tart?

2 hours ago, Hotpinkao said:

How’s the new cranberry marmalade? Is it super apple-y or any spice? Or is it just sweet and tart?

I have the cranberry marm, aNd to me it is weak and flat, especially compared to the old peak scent by the same name. Wow that one was GOOD!

1 minute ago, TallTayl said:

I have the cranberry marm, aNd to me it is weak and flat, especially compared to the old peak scent by the same name. Wow that one was GOOD!

The old CS cranberry marmalade or peak? Sorry just confused ! Any other sweet cranberry recommendations?

@Hotpinkao I haven’t burned the new cranberry marmalade but it is definitely different. I am getting apple - which I didn’t before (and I can’t find flavor notes online of the old FO). My current problem is I don’t have time before fall’s huge market for this to research/test a bunch of new cranberry’s looking for a cranberry marmalade dupe. (Which the old CS FO, in MHO, was one of the best FO around). I am pouring this new one and passing to a repeat customer who buys this all the time and getting her thoughts. I have 2 pounds of the old oil and will pour those for my friends/family/church — then try new stuff 😢 (and let me state, for once and for all, I DON’T GIVE A HOOT ABOUT PHTHALATES!! STOP CHANGING FO OILS!)

• Like 4

Haven't bought in forever but I am still training 3 people so getting to work with some of these.  I agree on the Cranberry Marm, it is nowhere near the old.  We actually had a bottle of both which we compared OOB and then poured both and let cure.  Both llked the old way better and it was stronger.  The Peppermint Mocha is great I loved it both OOB and in wax.

What is up with CS's Hazelnut Coffee.  I used to love it!!! It was my go to coffee scent.  But, not anymore!  It is now that gross nutty, carmel smell that does not smell like coffee at all. 

Does anyone know a great coffee fragrance oil, that does not have that nutty smell?  I'm like Candle Nook and don't care about PHTHALATES! I just want good smells back!!

• Like 1

Add me to the don't-give-a-rat's-arse-about-phthalates club.  The loss of Cranberry Marm is a pain.  I also bought up a couple of lbs. because I already have a Cran. Apple Marm. FO from Flaming.  They aren't the same scent and I don't need another Cran. Apple anything.  Candle Science gets on my nerves with their crunchiness.

• Like 2

Normally I like many of Candle Science fragrances but I just did a test with their Christmas tree in 4630 wax. Well first tester I thought maybe I forgot to add the fragrance oil, so did another. Absolutely zero scent from the candle cold throw. Not going to work, not even burning it. I was shocked, it was the first fo I have used that seriously had zero scent.

On 9/5/2019 at 9:53 AM, ktaggard said:

What is up with CS's Hazelnut Coffee.  I used to love it!!! It was my go to coffee scent.  But, not anymore!  It is now that gross nutty, carmel smell that does not smell like coffee at all. 

Does anyone know a great coffee fragrance oil, that does not have that nutty smell?  I'm like Candle Nook and don't care about PHTHALATES! I just want good smells back!!

Bitter Creek has a amazing coffee Maple Cream Latte It is a nice strong one!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. Some results on new CS FO in my 464 wax...the cranberry apple sucks...Just saying it out loud. The reformulated Fresh Coffee performs and smells just like old (thank goodness). Still great HT at 6%. The white currant (which I think took red currant’s place) has a very weak hot throw at both 6% and 10% 🙄. Others are ready to burn if I can stay home long enough to test the blasted things out! (Peppercorn pom testing tomorrow)

@pcbrook - same (about fresh coffee) 

after burning thru the peppermint mocha I have changed my mind. Trying a new wick because the fragrance seems to have gone “off”...I can’t really explain it, not much peppermint any longer just a flat mocha. I hate FO changes in the fall/holiday season. Why don’t these companies change everything in January and February when I’m burned out of massive candle making and have the time to test better....also, changing the wick in White Currant and seeing if anything gets better. So far,  HT hasn’t been much...

18 hours ago, The Candle Nook said:

@pcbrook - same (about fresh coffee) 

...also, changing the wick in White Currant and seeing if anything gets better. So far,  HT hasn’t been much...

Shame you aren't getting good results with White Currant! It's been throwing beautifully for me. It didn't replace Red Currant btw, they still have Red. 

@RedRoomGraduate  thanks - that’s a reformulated red currant And I haven’t bothered to order it yet — guess I will have to try...the white currant is throwing better after a 6 week cure. Still not what I’d like it to be.. Also, one of my cran marmalade people likes the cran apple. After a 5 week cure the apple seems to have taken a backseat and the spicy cranberry is back. Did have to up it to 10% tho...

On 10/10/2019 at 1:17 PM, RedRoomGraduate said:

Shame you aren't getting good results with White Currant! It's been throwing beautifully for me. It didn't replace Red Currant btw, they still have Red. 

@RedRoomGraduate  white currant is now BEAUTIFUL!  At a 6% FO load and 7.5 week cure — I’m in love. ❤️  But. Wow. Waiting for that cure time in my wax....