How do I stop the fragrance pollution?

I’m now realizing that making scented candles, because you enjoy scented candles, keeps you from enjoying scented candles. So now I have a house that is full of fragrance pollution, and it is desensitizing my nose. I’m thinking I need to get all of my FOs and candles out of the house, which means storing them in the garage. I don’t like that idea, but I haven’t come up with a better one. Any ideas?   

😂😂yes I do use a old stand up freezer- thought I was crazy for doing so but it works!

We used to buy half cows and got a big stand up freezer that happened to be plugged in down in the utility room of basement where I make the candles with a commercial exhaust system as well - when we were going to sell the freezer now that the kiddos are off on their own and no reason or need to buy that much meat I thought to myself why sell for a couple hundred - and I just started stuffing my oils in there 

a few busted and let me tell you when you open the door it’s extreme sensory overload despite the cleanup and cleaner products I used and I always wipe the bottles after use but man do those things let off scent despite the caps being  on tight 

believe it or not it’s full 🙈 so the ones I can’t fit I have in plastic storage container drawers and that helps also - you don’t smell fragrance walking in there until you open the freezer or pull open a drawer 

my suggestion would be to purchase an old refrigerator or freezer if you have room to keep them in - the garage is an option but depending on where you live I would be concerned about freezing if it’s not heated or tight storage bins would work as well....better than an open shelf 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, moonshine said:

😂😂yes I do use a old stand up freezer- thought I was crazy for doing so but it works!

We used to buy half cows and got a big stand up freezer that happened to be plugged in down in the utility room of basement where I make the candles with a commercial exhaust system as well - when we were going to sell the freezer now that the kiddos are off on their own and no reason or need to buy that much meat I thought to myself why sell for a couple hundred - and I just started stuffing my oils in there 

a few busted and let me tell you when you open the door it’s extreme sensory overload despite the cleanup and cleaner products I used and I always wipe the bottles after use but man do those things let off scent despite the caps being  on tight 

believe it or not it’s full 🙈 so the ones I can’t fit I have in plastic storage container drawers and that helps also - you don’t smell fragrance walking in there until you open the freezer or pull open a drawer 

my suggestion would be to purchase an old refrigerator or freezer if you have room to keep them in - the garage is an option but depending on where you live I would be concerned about freezing if it’s not heated or tight storage bins would work as well....better than an open shelf 

My operation is small, and my FO addition recovery therapy has been going well so I could probably get by with a dorm frig if I can find one.