Pillar Of Bliss Wax

Dolphin146

31 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

For melts you won't need a repour. It's a good para soy blend that I, personally, prefer over RE's. I did have cracking issues in cold weather. 

Thanks I think I will order a sample bag and see how it goes

• Like 2

On 8/6/2019 at 12:16 AM, Dolphin146 said:

Anyone use the Pillar Of Bliss wax from Natures Garden for wax melts. I was wondering how well it does I also noticed it requires a second pour not sure I would like to do repours

I've wondered about this wax for making melts too, haven't tried it yet.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dolphin146 said:

Thanks I think I will order a sample bag and see how it goes

After your testing, would love to hear how the Pillar of Bliss wax works for you with your melts.

Edited by Laura C

I love Pillar of Bliss, it's been a great performer for me.  I've never had any seeping issues or cracking issues (which totally sucks!) like @Lizzy but these things can happen depending on the season, your climate as well as shipping address (not to mention time in transit).  I think you'll be pleased with it's performance.  It's like having the best of both soy and paraffin!  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, soshiegirl said:

I love Pillar of Bliss, it's been a great performer for me.  I've never had any seeping issues or cracking issues (which totally sucks!) like @Lizzy but these things can happen depending on the season, your climate as well as shipping address (not to mention time in transit).  I think you'll be pleased with it's performance.  It's like having the best of both soy and paraffin!  

Thanks I cant wait to try it

12 hours ago, soshiegirl said:

Yes, climate most def played a factor in my cracking issues. I live in New England and it only ever happened when shipping in super cold weather (like 10-20F) and my customers never complained :) it is a great wax. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 4:26 AM, Lizzy said:

Yes, climate most def played a factor in my cracking issues. I live in New England and it only ever happened when shipping in super cold weather (like 10-20F) and my customers never complained :) it is a great wax. 

Great smelling wax is great smelling wax and I don't care how it looks when it arrives..it's going to be melted anyway!

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2019 at 4:26 AM, Lizzy said:

Do you like it better than your all paraffin blends?

Update I got my wax and tried it in regular melts and squeezable melts. The cold throw is great and after I let them sit a week the hot throw is also great. NG says to use an ounce per pound but to get a great ht I use 1.5 oz. Per pound with no seepage also I didnt have to do a repour like their website says. All in all I'm loving this wax

• Like 1

I think the repour pertains to Pillar and Votives only :)
I also used more than 1 oz PPoW. Most did extremely well at 1.2 oz and others at 1.4 oz.
Glad you like it :) I was very happy with it when I used it. I only stopped bc one year for busy season I got a couple of cases that were full of moisture and literally had water bubbles popping in my melters. I had to scoop them out with a ladle which was too time consuming at the time bc it was busy season. I was annoyed as all get out. LOL

Edited by Lizzy
typo

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2019 at 7:55 AM, Lizzy said:

I think the repour pertains to Pillar and Votives only :)
I also used more than 1 oz PPoW. Most did extremely well at 1.2 oz and others at 1.4 oz.
Glad you like it :) I was very happy with it when I used it. I only stopped bc one year for busy season I got a couple of cases that were full of moisture and literally had water bubbles popping in my melters. I had to scoop them out with a ladle which was too time consuming at the time bc it was busy season. I was annoyed as all get out. LOL

@Lizzy I got a couple of cases that did the same thing a while ago.  When I called NG about it, they told me that the manufacturer packed the wax while hot causing moisture to build up in the sealed bags.  NG said this was because they were trying to package wax to meet the demand. Trust and believe I was freaking out when my wax was popping from moisture!  Oh and wanted to add that I haven't had any problems since then with moisture build up.

Edited by soshiegirl
  • Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 8:28 PM, TallTayl said:

Hang on... steam/moisture INSIDE a sealed bag? That means the wax was loaded with moisture... poured hot or not. 🙄 the same happened with golden brands waxes when operations moved to Central America. 

The freak out was real!  No one is feeling the love when your wax is bubbling and popping because of moisture.

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, Jessjess said:

Hey everyone! Does anyone know what happened to Pillar of Bliss Wax? I don't see it on Nature's Garden's site anymore and I haven't had any luck findng it online.

It's most likely OOS at the moment. They remove the listing when something is OOS instead of marking it OOS.

Edited by Lizzy

15 hours ago, Lizzy said:

It's most likely OOS at the moment. They remove the listing when something is OOS instead of marking it OOS.

Lizzy, what wax do you use now if you don't use pillar of bliss anymore? Do you find that all paraffin throws better than a para/soy blend? Thanks!

I love the smell of pillar of bliss as well as KY wax and 650 from Flaming LOL! I know that sounds weird but it smells so good to me out of the bag.

8 hours ago, Belinda said:

Lizzy, what wax do you use now if you don't use pillar of bliss anymore? Do you find that all paraffin throws better than a para/soy blend? Thanks!

I love the smell of pillar of bliss as well as KY wax and 650 from Flaming LOL! I know that sounds weird but it smells so good to me out of the bag.

I stopped POB a while back. Switched to an all paraffin blend which was then discontinued. Now I blend my own.

I think the initial throw with all paraffin is a little better but it tends to taper off fairly fast. Also depends on warmer used. The hotter the warmer the faster it goes. IMO

On 6/24/2022 at 3:49 AM, Lizzy said:

I stopped POB a while back. Switched to an all paraffin blend which was then discontinued. Now I blend my own.

I think the initial throw with all paraffin is a little better but it tends to taper off fairly fast. Also depends on warmer used. The hotter the warmer the faster it goes. IMO

Thanks! I've been going back and forth for 10 years now on which wax I want to use for shapes, candles and clams. KY para/soy is probably the best for all three of those but I hate the cure time due to soy. UGH!!! What to do! Oh well, I have a hard time making my mind up on just about anything so why should this be any different LOL! I just don't want to have to buy 3 or 4 different waxes and I keep reading where paraffin has the stronger throw but to be honest with you I've not been able to tell a difference between all paraffin and the para/soy mix. Could just be me though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Belinda said:

Thanks! I've been going back and forth for 10 years now on which wax I want to use for shapes, candles and clams. KY para/soy is probably the best for all three of those but I hate the cure time due to soy. UGH!!! What to do! Oh well, I have a hard time making my mind up on just about anything so why should this be any different LOL! I just don't want to have to buy 3 or 4 different waxes and I keep reading where paraffin has the stronger throw but to be honest with you I've not been able to tell a difference between all paraffin and the para/soy mix. Could just be me though.

I am the same way Girl! LOL
I used paraffin for the longest and have been testing soy for a few years now and while I appreciate the almost instant & intense throw with paraffin...I absolutely LOVE the rich creaminess (especially in bakery scents) and longevity of soy. Personally I don't need a tart to last for days but it's nice to see that it can. 

• Like 1