Coffee Beans in candles.

Coffee beans are flammable so I’d steer clear. 

Early on I made a “coffee” candle with beans around the outside. As it burned I started to hear sizzling, and later smelled burned coffee beans. 🙄

i dont get the trend to add organics which are flammable to candles. Likewise adding that stuff to soap makes me cringe. In soap it ends up all over the shower and tub so you get to clean after bathing. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CaptnKush said:

Seen a bunch of Coffee candles for sale that have real coffee beans either in them or on the surface. Is this safe to do?

I like a wax coffee bean embed idea instead for a candle.

(I thought I was clever one time...) I tried some coffee grounds...and a coffee bean...and even coffee around the top of the container “for effect” — then I stopped. Just makes a mess and screws with the burn. I’ve got enough trouble making sure my candles are burning correctly and have a nice CT/HT without adding another variable into the mix. 

• Like 1

Just gotta say that there are soooo many ways to make candles..............most of them contribute absolutely NOTHING to the THROW.........so WHY go there???????????

Edited by Pam W

8 hours ago, Pam W said:

Just gotta say that there are soooo many ways to make candles..............most of them contribute absolutely NOTHING to the THROW.........so WHY go there???????????

You are right that they do not contribute to hot throw. The whole point is its an eye catcher, something that gives you an edge on your sales which is what we all want. Same reason people make cup cake and desert looking candles, because those also do not contribute to hot throw but look good  and there is a market for them. Just need to do it a different way such as what was mentioned earlier about using wax coffee bean embeds for the same effect.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 6:26 AM, CaptnKush said:

You are right that they do not contribute to hot throw. The whole point is its an eye catcher, something that gives you an edge on your sales which is what we all want. Same reason people make cup cake and desert looking candles, because those also do not contribute to hot throw but look good  and there is a market for them. Just need to do it a different way such as what was mentioned earlier about using wax coffee bean embeds for the same effect.

it may be an '''eye catcher'' but doesn't give me any pride as a candle maker......but then I DO NOT MARKET MY CANDLES to those that are easily confused and/or manipulated by hype.  Hey, if you are into making a buck from your eye-catching creativity, then go for it.  For me, I want to produce a quality candle that throws well and forget the hype....even tho it may bring me a few less bucks.  Basically, I am not into candle making to make money but to acquire the reputation of making a candle that has a wonderful hot throw....hell, if it looks good to you then go for it.......kwim????